Student at South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences [fh-swf.de], Germany.
Using Qt for:
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP)
- GUI Elements
- OpenSSL Encryption
as needed for most of our university courses :)
Video Knowledge Database for Rural Communities.
Introduction to my project see: Project Description /EN/ [refizul.de].
Project Plan is currently just brainstorming… (so don’t take that for real)
- Port Web-Service to Raspberry Pi Linux
- Test Java for ARM
- Test Apache or other webserver for static content
- Rewrite non working parts in Qt maybe?
- Creation of a mobile Web-Application to access the video platform
- Viewing of videos (flash? … other methods to access video data)
- Uploading of videos (direct upload of recorded videos – currently not user friendly)
- Sharing of videos with other villagers
- Try to run Raspi on Battery / Solar Panel  [cooking-hacks.com]
- Test wireless capabilities? (e.g. networking / mesh networks?)
- Stress Tests
- Multiple connections at once (Processor fast enough to serve small village?!)
- Video encoding…
- Our first Namibia visit /DE/ [refizul.de]