Known Issues – Qt 5.0.0 release
- Check that you meet Qt’s requirements [qt-project.org].
- QTCREATORBUG-8377: Qt Creator shows no Qt 5 examples / examples from wrong version
- Workaround: This can happen only if you have previous versions of Qt without appropriate documentation installed, and this is used as “Default” Qt version. Go to Options – Build & Run – Kits and select the Qt 5.0.0 kit as the default one. Restart Creator.
- QTIFW-195 [bugreports.qt-project.org] MaintenanceTool always tries to completely uninstall despite user selecting update
- No workaround yet.
- If you earlier have installed Qt 5.0 betas or RCs, Qt Creator may be picking up settings left behind by those
- See: How do I reset all Qt Creator settings? in the Qt Creator FAQ [qt-project.org]
- Some QML examples (QML Camera, QML Video Shader Effects, flickrview, youtubeview) will not build correctly by default.
- Workaround: Uncheck the shadow build flag in the projects build configuration.
- QTIFW-191 [bugreports.qt-project.org] Installing Qt 5.0.0 to /usr/local gives error “Could not write installer configuration …”
- Workaround: Either install into a location writeable by the user, or run installer with sudo and fix file permissions afterwards
- QTBUG-28183: Dead keys don’t work (Unable to input characters with diacritics)
- QTBUG-28728: Binary installer package for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 is not available yet.
- Qt 5.0 can be built successfully from source using Visual Studio 2012
- Change request 43190 [codereview.qt-project.org]
- win_flex.exe didn’t work on Windows XP (and reportedly, not with mingw on Windows 7 either)
- Visual Studio Add-In v1.1.11 does not work with Qt 5.0
- Version 1.2.0 can be used
- QTIFW-177 [bugreports.qt-project.org] Qt SDK 5.0 doesn’t remove C:\Qt after uninstalling on Windows
- Workaround: Remove manually C:\Qt after uninstalling
Bug 104436[bugs.webkit.org] [Qt] MinGW-w64 64-bit build fails when linking libQt5WebKitWidgetsd
- qtwebkit doesn’t build with MinGW. Disable webkit by removing the qtwebkit, qtwebkit-examples-and-demos directories before building
- QTBUG-28743: configure.exe missed
- configure.exe is only part of the .zip package. Workaround is to download this one, or do a ‘touch qtbase\.gitignore’
- QTBUG-28915: pdb files should be distributed for visual studio debug build
- If you want to debug into Qt libs, you need to build qt by yourself for now.
Mac OS X
- The binary packages do not support Mac OS X 10.6.
- Workaround: To use Qt on or for 10.6, you need to build Qt yourself on a 10.6 machine
- If Xcode Command Line Tools are not installed, installation fails with “Error while relocating Qt: Can’t invoke otool. Is Xcode installed?”
- Workaround: In Xcode, select Preferences -> Downloads -> Components -> Command Line Tools.
- QTBUG-28336: Mac: linker warns about non-existing directories
- Workaround: Not needed, the produced binaries work.
- Accessibility on Mac is disabled. Will be enabled in a future release.