Table of Content
Qt 5 and Raspberry Pi combine perfectly in so many ways. The goal of this project is to develop the required enablers for App and Platform Developers to enjoy Qt 5 after investing $35 in a Raspberry Pi board.
We have got some pre-release boards and we have reached the first proofs of concept. We are in contact with the Raspberry Pi Foundation and Broadcom to ensure that Qt 5 is well supported and all the components can be released and developed openly.
As we’ve indicated in this [blog.qt.nokia.com] blog post, Nokia is giving away 400 Raspberry Pi boards (Model B) to App and Platform Developers. If you are looking to sign up for Qt on Raspberry Pi Device Program please go here.
Following links should help you get started.
Qt on Pi
QtonPi was originally intended as an end to end platform, enabling a developer to boot straight into a controlled environment which could be deployed to via a single click inside of an associated Qt SDK. The maintenance burden of keeping the platform image up to date with the latest firmware, the failure to benefit from other community wide advances such as the Rasbian hardfp image along with the awesome proactive support we have received directly from the Wheezy maintainers have encouraged us to build upon their efforts as much as possible rather than trying to achieve similar ends in parallel.
- Download: Source [qt.gitorious.org]
- Download: Rasbian Wheezy base image [raspberrypi.org]
- Build [qt-project.org]
- Tutorial : apt-get install Qt4 on the Rasperry Pi [qt-project.org]
- Tutorial : Cross-compiling Qt Apps for Raspberry Pi with Visual Studio [visualgdb.com]
- Beginner’s guide to cross-compile Qt5 on RaspberryPi [qt-project.org]
- Native Build of Qt5 on a Raspberry Pi [qt-project.org]
- Mailing Lists
- IRC Channel [qt-project.org]
- Gerrit / Gitorious [qt-project.org]
- Bug Reports / Feature Requests [qt-project.org]
Qt 5 and Raspberry Pi in Action!
- Video: X11+OpenGL ES on top of Raspberry Pi, with qmlviewer & Harmattan Qt Components on Mer [youtube.com]
- Call for Qt on Raspberry Pi Mentors [blog.qt.nokia.com]
- Qt 5 with Rasberry Pi: a delicious mix with home delivery [blog.qt.nokia.com]
- Chasing the raspberry pi dragon: OpenGL ES2 accelerated Qt PI [labs.qt.nokia.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 livecoding [youtube.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 recursive demo [youtube.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 emitter demo [youtube.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 particles demo [youtube.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 sprites [youtube.com]
- Video: Raspberry Pi Qt Quick 2 sprites demo [youtube.com]
- Video: Qt5 Cinematic Experience [youtube.com]
- Video: Olivia’s Game on Raspberry Pi [youtube.com]