Qt on Raspberry Pi Curriculum — Control Systems Development
I am Sanyaade Adekoya, a lecturer at College of North West London [http://www2.cnwl.ac.uk] in UK currently working with students in age 16-18 [BTEC Nationals/Diplomas] and the age 19+ as well.
We are working on BeagleBoard-xM and we have just added the raspberry Pi to our project list since this device rival the BeagleBoard at a cost 8 times
less than the BeagleBoard.
I have about 24 students attending two class sessions on Mondays and Tuesdays in two of our campuses but I am also
planning to run community based weekend projects with Youth in London.
- Investigate embedded programming using QT on raspberry pi
- Investigate control systems using QT on raspberry pi
- Programming embedded control devices with QT and raspberry pi
- Develop Mobile/communication devices based on QT and raspberry pi
- Various class sessions that will emabrk on the areas specified above and beyond
- Hands-on sessions on RaspBerry pi and Business in Business environment and as communication device [e.g. Wifi, Router, Mobile-phone, etc..]
- Robotics and Artificial intelligence in pedagogy environment: Help disable students to learn better and intract in inclusive environment
- Making things walk, talk and interact: Humanoid and machine learning development using QT on Pi
Class sessions: BTEC Diploma [UNIT-24], BTEC Nationals [UNIT-2 and UNIT-3]
- Getting started with Raspberry Pi: What it is, features, limitations, etc..
- Preparing RaspBerry Pi ready for use: Choice of O/S:Ubuntu, Fedora, JavaOS, AngStrom, ArchLinux, Windows Embedded, etc..
- Application Development Part-1: Install Nokia QT SDK
- Interface Programming and development using Nokia QT
- Investigating HCI: QT Nokia in user environment [ergonomic and uses]
- Making thing talk and interact: Turn Raspberry into communication device ala mobile phone, GSM, robotic, Alarm, SocialMedia/TV, etc..
None yet but I may put this on one of my git site [git.org/sanyaade-mobiledev]. But always check this page for an update
None yet, I will update this when we have some.