How to Apply Git Merge Request from Gitorious
Changes will be pulled into a local branch for review. If the changes are approved they will be merged back to the master and pushed into the remote repository.
- Check out a new branch for integration
- git checkout -b merge-requests/1
- Fetch the merge request into this branch
- git pull \
- git://gitorious.org/project/project.git \
- Show the commits, assess they are okay
- git log --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit master..merge-requests/1
- Apply the changes to your branch
- git checkout master
- git merge merge-requests/1
- git push origin master
Please replace the paths to you project before executing the commands.
- fatal: ‘origin’ does not appear to be a git repository
Origin is default naming convention for referring to a remote Git repository. As a solution you can add another origin and push the changes using it:
- git remote add origin2 firstname.lastname@example.org:project/project.git
- $ git push origin2 master
- Permission denied (publickey).
Regenerate your SSH key and try again.