Programming Language Support & Language Bindings
C++ Development with Qt
Qt provides an intuitive C++ class library with a rich set of application build blocks for C++ development. Qt goes beyond C++ in the areas of inter-object communication and flexibility for advanced GUI development. Qt adds the following features to C++:
- Powerful mechanism for inter-object communication called signals and slots [qt-project.org]
- Queryable and designable object properties [qt-project.org]
- Powerful events and events filters [qt-project.org]
- Contextual string translation for internationalization [qt-project.org]
- Sophisticated interval driven timers [qt-project.org] that make it possible to elegantly integrate many tasks in an event-driven GUI
- Hierarchical and queryable object trees [qt-project.org] that organize object ownership in a natural way
- Guarded pointers [qt-project.org] that are automatically set to 0 when the referenced object is destroyed, unlike normal C++ pointers which become dangling pointers when their objects are destroyed
- A dynamic cast [qt-project.org] works across library boundaries.
QML Development with Qt Quick
- Optimized for touch-based, animated mobile UIs
- Includes a set of graphical and behavioral building blocks: QML Elements [doc.qt.nokia.com]
- No C++ knowledge required for UI creation, but can be extended with C++
Find out more about Qt Quick [doc.qt.nokia.com]
These are third party language bindings for Qt
PySide: Python for Qt [pyside.org] (LGPL)
- Documentation (Guides and Tutorials)
- Mailing list [lists.qt-project.org]
- Source code [qt.gitorious.org]
- Bug Tracker [bugreports.qt-project.org]
PyQt [riverbankcomputing.com] (GPL/commercial)
- Tutorials [wiki.python.org]
- API Documentation [riverbankcomputing.com]
- Reference Guide [riverbankcomputing.com]
- Book [qtrac.eu]
- Whitepaper [riverbankcomputing.com]
Qt for Java [qt.gitorious.org] (QtJambi, Windows/Mac/Linux)
Qt Jambi – Qt bindings to the Java programming language – is maintained by the community. You can find more information from http://qt-jambi.org.
Qt for Ruby [techbase.kde.org] (QtRuby)
The project provides complete bindings to both the KDE API and the Qt APIs. The Korundum package includes both a QtRuby Qt-only binding along with the full combined Qt/KDE one. The QtRuby package contains just Qt bindings with no dependencies on KDE.
Qt for BASIC [kbasic.com] (KBasic)
KBasic uses Qt as its toolkit to provide cross-platform abilities. KBasic is a further BASIC dialect and is related to VB.NET™, Visual Basic®, Visual Basic for Application® and Java™. It combines several features and includes built-in backward support for QBasic®.
Qt for Ada 2005 [qtada.com] (QtAda)
QtAda is an Ada2005 language prividing bindings to the Qt libraries and a set of useful tools. QtAda supports Qt version 4.6 and later.
official PerlQt and PerlKDE [projects.kde.org]
This is what the Linux distros ship. Expect updates for Qt5 in 2013. Subscribe to the kde-bindings list [lists.kde.org] for news.
Vadim Likhota bindings [search.cpan.org]
One-man effort, last updated 2008. opendesktop.org mirror [opendesktop.org]
Dongxu Ma bindings [search.cpan.org]
One-man effort, last update 2012. GitHub mirror [github.com]
Outdated, Qt3 only.
Outdated, Qt2 and Qt1 only.
Qt for C# [techbase.kde.org] (Qyoto) Qyoto makes it possible to develop Qt and KDE applications using C#, or any other .NET language. Qyoto uses SMOKE, and offers access to almost all Qt and KDE classes.
Qt for D [dsource.org] (QtD)
QtD is a binding of the Qt framework to the D programming language version 2. [digitalmars.com]
Qt for Pascal [wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org] (FPC Qt4 Binding)
The Free Pascal Qt4 binding allows Free Pascal to interface with the C++ Library Qt. This binding does not cover the whole Qt4 framework but only the classes needed by the Cross Platform Lazarus IDE to use Qt as a Widget set. More info [users.telenet.be]
Qt for Lua [nongnu.org] (QtLua)
The QtLua library are trying to make Qt4 applications scriptable using the Lua scripting language as an alternative to the QtScript module.
Qt for Haskell [qthaskell.berlios.de] (qtHaskell)
Qt Quick for Haskell [gekkou.co.uk] (HsQML)
Qt Quick for OCaml [kakadu.github.io] (lablqt)
Qt for PHP [sourceforge.net] (PHP-Qt)
Qt for Chicken Scheme [wiki.call-cc.org] (Qt 4 egg)
An incomplete binding which supports loading UI files, binding to GUIs thus instantiated, and networking and dbus functionality.
- Wikipedia has a comprehensive “list of language bindings for Qt”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(framework)#Programming_language_bindings
Subcategories:There are 6 subcategories for this category
There are 136 articles in "LanguageBindings":
1 2 >
- About PySide
- About PySide Japanese
- Auto generating QObject from template in PySide
- Defining and using constants from PySide in QML
- Defining and using constants from PySide in QML Korean
- Filling and reading QML UI forms from Python
- Hello World in PySide
- Hello World in PySide and QtQuick
- Hello World in PySide and QtQuick Japanese
- Hello World in PySide and QtQuick Korean
- Hello World in PySide Japanese
- Hello World in PySide Korean
- Category:LanguageBindings -> PySide
- Category:LanguageBindings -> PySide -> Downloads
- Category:LanguageBindings -> PySide -> Newbie_Tutorials
- Category:LanguageBindings -> PySideJapanese
- Category:LanguageBindings -> PySide_FAQ_Japanese
- Multi selection lists in Python with QML
- PySide and QML Playground
- PySide Internationalization Japanese
- PySide Newbie Tutorials
- PySide Newbie Tutorials Japanese
- PySide Pitfalls Japanese
- PySide QtQuick Tutorials
- PySide Tutorials by Experience Level
- PySide Tutorials by Experience Level Japanese
- PySide Tutorials by Experience Level Korean
- PySide_QML_Tutorial_Advanced_3 1 2 >