|CPU||ARM Cortex A-9 (1Ghz)|
|OpenGL||OpenGL ES 2.0|
|Qt 5.0 (eglfs/QPA)||Supported, with OpenGL ES 2.0|
The AML8726-M is made by Amlogic Inc [amlogic.com].
- “AML8726-M device is designed for the tablet and MID applications. It integrates a power CPU, a 2D/3D graphics subsystem and a state-of-the arts video decoding engine with all major peripherals to form the ultimate multimedia SoC.” 1 [amlogic.com] Amlogic product information
It’s used in the Vivaldi tablet (based on zenithink c71) which uses Plasma Active as it’s UI.
Amlogic appears to be primarily focusing on Android support for this board. Much of the software stack is documented on their openlinux wiki [openlinux.amlogic.com]. You can download the rootfs from here [openlinux.amlogic.com] and the kernel from here [openlinux.amlogic.com].
If you have v-sync problem use this workaround
We are using the Code Soucery 2011.09 release, available here:
- $ mkdir build && cd build
- $ export QTSRCDIR=<path_to_qt5> # top level qt5.git and not qtbase
- $ export TOOLCHAIN_PATH=<path_to_toolchain> # see section above
- $ export SYSROOT=<path_to_rootfs>
- $ export PREFIX=<install_path_on_target>
- $ $QTSRCDIR/configure -device linux-arm-amlogic-8726M-g++ -force-pkg-config -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=$TOOLCHAIN_PATH/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi- -sysroot $SYSROOT -prefix $PREFIX -make libs -opensource -confirm-license
- $ make module-qtbase module-qtdeclarative
- $ make install # will install Qt into the $SYSROOT/$PREFIX