Board having HW-accelerated OpenVG: RasperryPi, freescale iMX6, other (lower level) freescale boards. Some of these boards have separate hardware for VG and GLES, meaning using VG where it makes sense could take better advantage of the hardware’s capabilities. This is the case for FreeScale boards, but on BCM2835 (Raspberry Pi) OpenVG and GLES share hardware resources.
Possible fields of improvements/enablers
- basic enables like: QSurfaceType, QWindow, (for the future within a possible: QOffscreenSurface)
- qtcompositor using native-openvg
- implement a minimalistic set of qml/declarative components + a corresponding, kind of openvg-scenegraph.
- in the first iteration of the components-sets could be limited to wayland-window + animations
- later some additional openvg primitives and effects could added
- maybe enums in QtGui
resurrect openvg paintengine:
- as a separate module
- caution: we need to set openvg flags when creating eglcontext … QPA-level
- openvg-widget as viewport
- There is already enablers in WebCore:: GraphicsContextOpenVG.cpp
- Anyway a lot(!) of work for qt-webkit2 because it’s mainly QImage based and makes a lot of assumptions on being on raster/CPU-memory
- A first, “small”, isolated task could be html5-canavas painting in qt-webkit2
- canavas in quick2
- same code as webkit2-canvas?