Restructuring and Requirements for the Developer Network’s Wiki
Alexandra: “A wiki will always be a bit of messy” :-)
- categorizing (re-categorizing is manual work)
- wiki is part of the core, hard to change
overview of what the wiki is able to do is on expression engine website
- count how often a wiki article is cited (wiki, forums)
- analyze web statistics how often an article is read
- display date/time of last edit and probably user
- dynamic page with the recent added/changed wiki pages
- can wiki content be moved to the official docs copyrightwise?
- parent pages would ease work, but are not available at the moment
Will be based on the tags already on the DevNet pages.
- Current structure should remain
- additional categorizing (where not already done) similar to dialingo’s proposal
- synchronize with official documentation (role/task based landing pages)
A feature request for supporting translations is in the works upstreams. No date when it’s ready, though.