September 21, 2011

qgil qgil
Ant Farmer
86 posts

Arduino plans on Qt - more details?

Hi, Arduino has introduced new hardware and future plans at the Maker Faire of New York. Just at the end of the Engadget article [engadget.com] it is said:

Massimo was already talking up the next-gen system though, that would leverage Nokia’s QT framework and a plugin system to expand its capabilities and offer developers a more professional solution for building Arduino-based products.

The Arduino project & community are utterly interesting and a connection with the Qt project & community would be utterly cool. If you know more please share in this thread.

8 replies

September 21, 2011

Luca Luca
Ant Farmer
638 posts

I never used Arduino… but I should start…

September 21, 2011

Lukas Geyer Lukas Geyer
Lab Rat
2074 posts

Unfortunately I do not have any further news but this one sounds definitly interesting.

September 22, 2011

mario mario
Lab Rat
240 posts

Somebody should really get in touch with them and checkout what they’re up to.

I hope that they’ll extend QtCreator instead of creating their own IDE (again).

I tried finding any info about it but w/o success.

September 22, 2011

mario mario
Lab Rat
240 posts

Here’s a blog post I wrote today about how you can use QtCreator for Arduino development:

Using QtCreator for Arduino development [blog.jayway.com]

It shouldn’t be to hard to actually integrate this into QtCreator as a plug-in, if you know how and have the time :)

September 22, 2011

qgil qgil
Ant Farmer
86 posts
mario wrote:
Somebody should really get in touch with them and checkout what they’re up to.

First contact established. Looking good! Of course it’s up to Arduino to explain more about their plans.

September 23, 2011

mario mario
Lab Rat
240 posts

qgil wrote:

First contact established. Looking good! Of course it’s up to Arduino to explain more about their plans.

Can you ask them to write something about it on QtDevNet?

September 23, 2011

qgil qgil
Ant Farmer
86 posts

I can… and anybody else can too. ;) I basically went after them through their blog and Twitter (oh, and G+) and they answered a few hours later. Nice people, of course.

fwiw I also sent them the link to your blog post.

September 23, 2011

Alicemirror Alicemirror
Lab Rat
825 posts

This forum sounds interesting. I have done my considerations about and I am following a personal development line about this kind of intergration. Maybe a good idea I put these results in a new wiki page area?

Signature 

Enrico Miglino (aka Alicemirror)
Tech Consulting
Islas Baleares, Ibiza (Spain)
http://www.contesti.eu

‹‹ Is there a way to manage front and back camera at the same time ?      How to add event to calendar ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!