August 30, 2011

amit_nishad amit_nishad
Lab Rat
2 posts

Best way to port symbian S60 5th into Symbian^3 using Qt

Hello Sir, I have a Symbian mobile application “Mobile Dialer” to make VOIP call which is developed in Symbian S60 3rd and Symbian S60 5th supported by PJSIP.

I want to develop this application for Symbian^3 using Qt.

1. Is there any PJSIP is available for Symbian^3. Please provide me the Link.

2. Can we use this version (Symbian S60 3rd and Symbian S60 5th) of PJSIP in the development of Symbian^3 application.

3. Can we directly compile the application in Symbain^3(I tried this but unable to build). In this case any SDK is required.

Please tell me which is the best way to port the old application in Symbian^3.

Thanks

2 replies

August 30, 2011

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

PJSIP is a library written in C, so you can very well port it and use it in Symbian^3 if it works fine on 3rd and 5th edition.

You need to download Nokia Qt SDK form developer.nokia.com to develop Qt applications for Symbian^3. Due to some hacker attack the site is partially down now for security reasons.

August 31, 2011

amit_nishad amit_nishad
Lab Rat
2 posts

Thank you sir for your replay

QtK wrote:
PJSIP is a library written in C, so you can very well port it and use it in Symbian^3 if it works fine on 3rd and 5th edition.

You need to download Nokia Qt SDK form developer.nokia.com to develop Qt applications for Symbian^3. Due to some hacker attack the site is partially down now for security reasons.

‹‹ How to minimize app and then restore? Maemo 5 (N900)      Qt for Symbian Beginner, Which should i choose Qt Quick or Qt widget? ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!