July 30, 2011

l.v.p l.v.p
Lab Rat
31 posts

What should I revise?

Hi guys!
Now I’m in my last years of studies (Computer-Science) so i decided to apply for some company. I send my resume to few companies and in few days I have a test in one of them. Before question here is job description:

excellent, practical knowledge of C/C++
knowledge of UML
practical knowledge of real time systems
good understanding of TCP/IP protocols

Because I never worked as a programmer in company, and I never had such a test, I’m wondering what should I expect. From C++ is more than likely that there will be: classes, templates, pointers (they didn’t wrote about some libraries in job description).
What’s more from C++? What about UML, TCP/IP and real time systems? What should I revise before the test?

Best,
Luke

3 replies

July 30, 2011

Franzk Franzk
Lab Rat
840 posts

Hard to say. If you have your general programming skills available, the others aren’t too hard I think. Just go for it and see where things end.

Signature 

“Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.”—W.C. Fields

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

August 11, 2011

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
188 posts

Most of the companies are checking C++ knowledge and aptitude.

Computer programmatic Logic, Just go through it.

And best of Luck.

August 11, 2011

rokemoon rokemoon
Lab Rat
197 posts

I think if they invite you, so they understand that you don’t have much experience and will ask about basic things in C++. So just revise knowledge about c++, as you said: classes, templates, pointers.
And as it says worst-first :-)
Good luck.

‹‹ Oslo trolls ok?      Nokia is dying faster than expected - I hope Qt will survive ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!