June 29, 2011

soroush soroush
Ant Farmer
814 posts

Transfering Qt from one machine to other

I’ve just compiled Qt 4.7.3 with Visual Studio 2010. I want to use it in another machines with another version of Qt installed. Can I transfer my compiled Qt to other computers? I don’t want to compile again (taking 4 hours!)

7 replies

June 29, 2011

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

You meant to ask about the binaries. Then yes, it can run on any other machine provided all the dependencies are available.

June 29, 2011

soroush soroush
Ant Farmer
814 posts

Thanks. I’ll try and come back :)

June 29, 2011

Lukas Geyer Lukas Geyer
Lab Rat
2074 posts

The binaries (libraries and tools) should be portable – but hasn’t qmake compiled in pathes (which means that you will need to patch / recompile qmake)?

June 29, 2011

TobbY TobbY
Lab Rat
209 posts

there would be no problem if you transfer your code to another machine

Signature 

Code Code Code

June 29, 2011

koahnig koahnig
Area 51 Engineer
2874 posts
Lukas Geyer wrote:
The binaries (libraries and tools) should be portable – but hasn’t qmake compiled in pathes (which means that you will need to patch / recompile qmake)?

My experience did show problem when using visual studio. Somehow the registering of Qt did not work. I thought this has something to do because there was no -prefix option in configure. However, I have missed a part there.

So my assumption is that Lukas is right.
binaries might be copied and used on other machines, but the integration and use with Visual Studio brings the problem.

June 29, 2011

soroush soroush
Ant Farmer
814 posts

So my assumption is that Lukas is right.
binaries might be copied and used on other machines, but the integration and use with Visual Studio brings the problem.

I’m planning to use it withing Qt Creator. (Not Qt VS2010 Integration). So isn’t there any problem?
I can’t wait to test it :-) (until tomorrow i can’t do)

June 29, 2011

sigrid sigrid
Lab Rat
144 posts

The following FAQ [developer.qt.nokia.com] contains information on what you need to do when moving your Qt installation around.

‹‹ A few big questions about splitter windows      Mixing pthreads and main GUI thread - Can pthread function emit a signal ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!