[Moved] Qt Creator saying no valid qt versions found please add a qt version when creating a new project
Filed a bug to clarify the message in the target setup page: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-5248
You do not have a tool chain set up that Qt Creator can use to build stuff using the Qt version you have defined. It is not possible to mix a Qt build with MSVC2008 with binaries build with MSVC2010, so that is not offered.
Please either downgrade your compiler to MSVC2008 or set up a Qt version build with MSVC2010. I know this sucks, but there is little we can do about this (except to improve the error messages in Creator of course).
If you go in “Projects” mode in Qt Creator and click on “Details” under “Build Environment”, there’s a checkbox. Also, It does not crash while you build, it crashes when you run it. (The “green arrow” builds and then runs your application). If that doesn’t work, rebuild you application (you can do that in the “Build” menu) and see if there are any compile warnings.
Looks like you are not alone here…. searched for guard32.dll and I found few people facing same problem with Qt Creator while debugging…
Are you using Comodo Firewall??? Seems related to that..
- The only problem so far is, that I can't debug with it at all as long
- as the COMODO Firewall's 'Defense+' is active. This installs a system
- hook via C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dll which is invoked everytime
- any application is launched. This seems to confuse either gdb or Qt
- Creator so that when I want to start debugging it halts in that file.
- I can't contine, step over/out or do anything that seems to have an
- Disabling the entire Defense+ mechanism was the only way I could find
- to overcome this (which requires a restart to remove the hook).