June 24, 2011

vincegata vincegata
Lab Rat
73 posts

[SOLVED] How to close all files with a single command in Qt Creator editor?

Hello,

While I am working (C++) I tend to open multiple files in the editor. e.g. I might open several header files when I follow the F2 command, and so on I can have 20 open source and makefiles open at the same time.

So, is there a command to close all the open files? Right now I have to switch through every file and close them one by one.

THX!!

8 replies

June 24, 2011

mlong mlong
Robot Herder
1537 posts

Try Ctrl-Shift-W.

Edit: In the Options, under Environment->Keyboard, you can search for (or remap) keyboard shortcuts.

Signature 

Senior Software Engineer
AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions
/* My views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.  Void where prohibited. */

June 24, 2011

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

That should work with shift-ctrl-w (shift-cmd-w on a Mac).

June 24, 2011

vincegata vincegata
Lab Rat
73 posts

That worked, thank you!

How did you find it? In the Options->Keyboard?

June 24, 2011

mlong mlong
Robot Herder
1537 posts

In Options->Environment->Keyboard, search for “Close”. One of the options returned is “CloseAll”.

Signature 

Senior Software Engineer
/* My views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.  Void where prohibited. */

June 24, 2011

vincegata vincegata
Lab Rat
73 posts

I see.

Do you know if there is a help section with a table somewhere with all the default shortcuts?

June 24, 2011

mlong mlong
Robot Herder
1537 posts

They’re all listed there in the keyboard settings tab. I’m not aware if they’re in help.

Signature 

Senior Software Engineer

June 24, 2011

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

That’s a standard shortcut: ctrl-w closes the actual window, shift-ctrl-w all windows. It works in many different applications for me.

June 24, 2011

mlong mlong
Robot Herder
1537 posts

FWIW, KDAB has a nice little set of cheat sheets (for both Linux/Windows and Mac) in US Letter and A4 sizes available here [kdab.com].

I’m not 100% sure if they’re up to date with the latest and greatest version of Creator, but they’d probably still be informative even if they’re not.

Signature 

Senior Software Engineer

‹‹ [Split] Problems with Qt Creator/Designer plugins      Rebuild of QtSql* ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!