May 31, 2011

floatingWoods floatingWoods
Lab Rat
86 posts

Migrating from MFC to QT gradually

Hi,

I am very new to QT Qt and this forum. I downloaded and installed the QtSDK. I am able to write and compile applications fine using QT Qt creator.

My problem now is:

I have been developing an MFC application under VS2005 for several years (about 300,000 code lines) that I wish to gradually port to QT Qt. I have read the page “Qt/MFC Migration Framework” (http://doc.trolltech.com/solutions/qtwinmigrate/index.html) but can’t understand where I download the various files (dll, lib, etc) needed. I have searched the whole day yesterday about other online resources explaining the needed steps, but there is not much information available. Maybe it is also that I don’t get the overall picture.

Ideally I just want to link my current MFC application to some QT Qt dll, that will allow me to create new QT Qt dialogs (or gradually replace existing MFC dialogs) while continuing to work on VS2005 in the same way as I did until now. Once my gradual “rewriting” is done, then I’d like to leave the VS2005 framework for QT Qt Creator.

Sorry if the answer to my question maybe appears as trivial, but I need some help to get things started :)

Thanks

Edit: in the text above the edit box it clearly states that it is Qt, not QT; Andre

3 replies

May 31, 2011

cincirin cincirin
Ant Farmer
456 posts

see this forum [developer.qt.nokia.com]

June 1, 2011

floatingWoods floatingWoods
Lab Rat
86 posts

Thank you for the link Cincirin!

June 2, 2011

cincirin cincirin
Ant Farmer
456 posts

good luck :-)

‹‹ Error in Compiling qt-everywhere-opensource-4.7.3 for ARM      Problem compiling QDB2 SQL driver ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!