May 6, 2011

ThomasDalla ThomasDalla
Lab Rat
21 posts

Windows 7 features such as TaskBarProgress?

Dear community,

In C++ there are some good extensions to Qt to support the features of Windows 7 such as the progress bar in the task bar.
Strix Q7 Goodies: http://www.strixcode.com/q7goodies/

Is there any way in PySide/PyQt to get such features for Win 7 users? (especially the progress bar in the task bar)

5 replies

May 6, 2011

Franzk Franzk
Lab Rat
836 posts

Porting them would be an option

Signature 

“Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.”—W.C. Fields

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

May 16, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6395 posts

Sure there is a way to build this (for Python): build it yourself using the Windows 7 API’s.

It is a pitty the Q7Goodies you linked to are non-free software (and one of the demo’s crashes immediately on startup), even though at the top it states “Download now, it’s free!”.

May 16, 2011

ThomasDalla ThomasDalla
Lab Rat
21 posts

Well, I guess they mean “free” in the money sense, not the liberty…
Anyway, porting this one, another one, or even building it from scratch in Qt or Python, I was just wondering if someone already did it.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the necessary knowledge to do it by myself…
But I hope it will be possible in PySide one day!

May 16, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6395 posts

Not even that. It is just a 30 day limited demo.

Edit: Off topic:
I don’t like Windows 7’ taskbar at all. I find it very confusing what is a running application and what is a button that will start one, and I find the lack of text next to it annoying.

May 28, 2011

strixcode strixcode
Lab Rat
1 posts

We provide PyQt bindings to Q7Goodies too. If you are developing a commercial application and don’t mind buying a library then probably PyQ7Goodies is the easiest way to go.

‹‹ Problem with Qt SDK 1.1 and SQL drivers      MySql plugin for windows ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!