May 3, 2011

ll0507 ll0507
Lab Rat
2 posts

How to deploy a phonon based application on ubuntu OS?

Dears,
I have writed an application using phonon to play back and can work well under my developing system(ubuntu 10.04). When I deploy it to another machine without installing the Qt library, errors occur. I follow the steps described in Qt document about ‘Deloping Qt application on X11 platforms’,here the linking site:http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/deployment-x11.html .
Following are the files I begin to deploy:

• musicPlay
  • musicPlay.sh(bq. the same contents as the plugandpaint.sh)
  • libphonon.so.4
  • libQtCore.so.4
  • libQtGui.so.4
  • libQtXml.so.4
  • libtag.so.1(bq. for using TagLib)
  • libQtDBus.so.4
  • libgstreamer-0.10.so
  • libaudio.so.2
  • phonon_backend/ (bq. including phonon_gstreamer.so,phonon_xine.so)

Just want to work well ,the files may be more than what I really need.

First, I run musicPlay.sh in my current system and it can work. then,I copy the files to another machine(the same OS but not installing Qt) and do it again,somethings unexpected happen:

1. WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend plugin could not be loaded
  2.    Segmentation fault

It seems to mean that I have missed the phonon backend plugin,but I have alreadly created the phonon_backend directory and put the plugins inside it.
I hope someone may give me a suggestion, Thank you.

2 replies

May 3, 2011

peppe peppe
Ant Farmer
1029 posts

If you’re using GStreamer you also need to ship GStreamer plugins, but you should really check its documentation to see how…

Signature 

Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company

May 4, 2011

ll0507 ll0507
Lab Rat
2 posts

Thanks the reply.Yes,I use the default GStreamer as backend.I read the ‘phonon’ documentation and know that the libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 should be required.But there is another question.This package is automatically installed through ‘apt-get install’ command on ubuntu,and I don’t know where it is located.If any commands can help to search the package?

‹‹ QPrintPreviewDialog & QPrinter      Runtime QWidget explorer? (Like Firebug) ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!