Creating and adding a static library
I am using qt on windows now. I need to add the serial port library (http://code.google.com/p/qextserialport/source/checkout). First I build the library using the CONFIG += staticlib option and get a library with an extension with .a .Now I try to add the library to some example programs given in the event directory. I also add CONFIG += staticlib in the .pro file, but I always get errors like
- qextserialport\examples\event-build-desktop/../event/PortListener.cpp:11: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN14QextSerialPort9setParityE10ParityType'
I think there is some linking issues, because it will work when linking with dll files, how to solve?
Here is the complete project code (http://www.4shared.com/file/FFtrqBMR/qextserialport.html ), in which I tried the project in the examples/event folder, i.e
- PROJECT = event
- TEMPLATE = app
- DEPENDPATH += .
- INCLUDEPATH += ../../src
- QMAKE_LIBDIR += ../../src-build-desktop/build
- CONFIG += staticlib
- OBJECTS_DIR = tmp
- MOC_DIR = tmp
- UI_DIR = tmp
- SOURCES += main.cpp PortListener.cpp
- HEADERS += PortListener.h
- CONFIG(debug, debug|release):LIBS += -lqextserialportd
- else:LIBS += -lqextserialport
I am using Qt libraries version 4.7.0, Qt Creator IDE version 2.0.1 in Windows