I’ve been trying to install the qt-components for a while now, but I cannot get to work that on Windows.
I’ve downloaded the project with git to C:\Qt\qt-components.
I’ve got Qt SDK 1.1 TP in C:\QtSDK\
My PATH variable: C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.1\mingw\bin\
My QTDIR variable: C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.1\
Qt creator sees Qt in PATH so it should be okay, I guess. (I’ve also installed the latest Qt Creator snapshot in C:\Qt\)
But when I open the command prompt, navigate to the qt-components directory and type in configure, I’m getting this error:
ERROR: Unable to detect qmake. Set QTDIR=\path\to\qt and re-run configure.bat.”
How can I fix this? (I’ve searhed a lot, but I couldn’t find the answer)
Modificating the configure.bat, resolved the configuring problem,
::if not “QTDIR” == “” set QMAKE=%QTDIR%\mingw\bin\qmake
but got this after running qmake:
WARNING: c:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.1\mingw\mkspecs\default\qmake.conf:108: Unescaped backslashes are deprecated.
and found a bugreport about this error [bugreports.qt.nokia.com].
Anyone has an idea how to make this done?
Hm, now I have tried it on Ubuntu, both with making it from git, or the .deb from ppa:forumnokia/fn-ppa, as detailed in Kate Alholas’ blog [blogs.forum.nokia.com], getting this error for com.meego 1.0
MRemoteThemeDaemon: Failed to connect to theme daemon (IPC)
MAssembly: Stylesheet missing “/opt/qt4/share/themes/base/meegotouch/mardrone/style/mardrone.css”
elements in cache: 172 , 0.357246 % filled cache
MRemoteThemeDaemonClient: Failed to connect to theme daemon (IPC)
No theme path is provided for MLocalThemeDaemonClient
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is DroneThread(0×12a6b80), parent’s thread is QThread(0xef6c50), current thread is DroneThread(0×12a6b80)
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8 Extension: 153 (Uknown extension) Minor opcode: 30 (Unknown request) Resource id: 0×9a
and this for com.nokia.symbian 1.0
SymbianThemeBridgePlugin: Icon, Frame, Style and ImplicitSizeItem registered
A little late, but I had have a solution. I just had to correct my $QTDIR variable.
After all, I had a similar problem on Ubuntu: I had have a qt path to opt/.. before my to QtSDK in my $PATH variable. After making the path to QtSDK and having a proper $QTDIR variable, it compiled like a charm, and the qt-components worked just fine :)
(except the meego related stuff, because I haven’t installed all the libraries for it)