January 9, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts

Call for Greek C++/Qt developers!

Page  
1

A place for Greek C++/Qt developers to say a “hello!” and get to know each other.

21 replies

January 31, 2011

Tobias Hunger Tobias Hunger
Hobby Entomologist
3373 posts

How about you guys opening a group for all greeks here on devnet?

January 31, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts

Well, untill now there are not enough Greek C++/Qt developers active in the Qt Developer Network (as far as I know), and I do not have a “rank” proper to request the group.

In the meanwhile, this thread would work as a temporary* place to gather Greek C++/Qt developers.

*until the creation of the respective group

April 10, 2011

harry harry
Lab Rat
92 posts

Hi Stavros,

I somehow managed to miss your post and stumbled upon it while looking for something else.
As there don’t seem to be that many of us Greeks in the Qt Developer Network it was a pity, but anyway….
So hi from me, and maybe we can get some more people to “come out”….

 Signature 

If you can’t say what you mean, you’ll never be able to mean what you say.

April 10, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts

harry wrote:
Hi Stavros,

I somehow managed to miss your post and stumbled upon it while looking for something else.
As there don’t seem to be that many of us Greeks in the Qt Developer Network it was a pity, but anyway….
So hi from me, and maybe we can get some more people to “come out”….

Nice of you to join! It would be nice to have more Greek Qt developers active here.

April 14, 2011

leon.anavi leon.anavi
Gene Splicer
1185 posts
Stavros wrote:
Well, untill now there are not enough Greek C++/Qt developers active in the Qt Developer Network (as far as I know), and I do not have a “rank” proper to request the group.

Hi Stavros,

The quality is important, not the quantity :) If you still do not have enough points try to contact DevNet Team and to ask them to create a group for Greek developers.

Btw may be a group for the Balkans will be also useful. I see that Qt DevNet has members from Bulgaria (like me :) ), Romania, Albania, Kosovo and of course Greece. Having in mind the universities and all developers in our region I believe that the number of people interested in Qt will increase.

Cheers,
Leon

 Signature 

http://anavi.org/

April 14, 2011

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

i agree, you should mail a request to admins, and see what they say :)

leon.anavi wrote:
I believe that the number of people interested in Qt could increase.

leon, you should rephrase it as:
I believe that the number of people interested in Qt will increase :P

April 27, 2011

leon.anavi leon.anavi
Gene Splicer
1185 posts
chetankjain wrote:
leon, you should rephrase it as: I believe that the number of people interested in Qt will increase :P

Absolutely, I have edited my previous post :)

 Signature 

http://anavi.org/

May 2, 2011

geronik geronik
Lab Rat
47 posts

Hello guys, this idea about creating a group is something I have also thought about, so you should definitely ask for it!

May 2, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts
geronik wrote:
Hello guys, this idea about creating a group is something I have also thought about, so you should definitely ask for it!

Nice of you to join!

  1. Greek_Qt_developers_active_here++;

;)

June 24, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts

I would like to inform Greek Qt developers that some days ago (since I recently earned the “rank” of “Robot Herder”) I have properly requested the creation of “Qt Greece” group. I am waiting for a response on this request. :-)

July 1, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts
Stavros wrote:
I would like to inform Greek Qt developers that some days ago (since I recently earned the “rank” of “Robot Herder”) I have properly requested the creation of “Qt Greece” group. I am waiting for a response on this request. :-)

A question to TROLLs responsible for this, or with an answer: How long does it take to process a request for a new group? :-)

July 1, 2011

Eddy Eddy
Area 51 Engineer
1571 posts

Hi Stavros,

The best case i heard of was 5 minutes. It was a mad scientist that requested it and they get special attention ;)

Last week i also requested a group and didn’t get any answer yet. We’ll have to be a little patient, but eventually you’ll get it.

Have you seen the meetup? You can start doing that already! I like the idea myself.

Cheers Eddy

 Signature 

Moderator
Qt Certified Specialist
Nokia Qt Ambassador

July 1, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts

Eddy wrote:
Hi Stavros,

The best case i heard of was 5 minutes. It was a mad scientist that requested it and they get special attention ;)

Last week i also requested a group and didn’t get any answer yet. We’ll have to be a little patient, but eventually you’ll get it.

Have you seen the meetup? You can start doing that already! I like the idea myself.

Cheers Eddy

So I guess this is the time required! Thanks for the info provided.

About the meetup, I also like the idea! :-)

July 1, 2011

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

Please be a little more patient. I guess Alexandra is still a bit busy after the summit and with rolling out the new stuff like the Qt Meetups [developer.qt.nokia.com]. I’m sure she will not forget you guys.

July 1, 2011

Stavros Filippidis Stavros Filippidis
Lab Rat
392 posts
Volker wrote:
Please be a little more patient. I guess Alexandra is still a bit busy after the summit and with rolling out the new stuff like the Qt Meetups [developer.qt.nokia.com]. I’m sure she will not forget you guys.

Always like the positive spirit and way of thinking of Volker! :-)

Page  
1

  ‹‹ Project Elf shipments on their way      What do you do while compiling ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!