July 17, 2010

Zlatomir Zlatomir
Hobby Entomologist
363 posts

[SOLVED]Code display, maybe syntax highlighter parser issue

Hi Trolls and congratulations on this forum, it’s really nice to talk to, and get advices from the “Guys” behind Qt, keep up the good work ;)

But i post my first thread to report an issue with the code displaying in the posts, check this topic for example.
(i didn’t saw it reported, sorry if i somehow skipped something and it you know about it, i’m new here, it’s only my second day ;) )

The replace of sequence of characters like: parentheses look at: return a.exec ( ) ; or curly brackets, is happening in Windows 7 (with Firefox 3.6.6, 4beta, IE8, and QwebView ;) ) and on Ubuntu (Firefox, and QWebView) so i guess (because it happen everywhere even the copy button) it’s an issue with syntax highlighter parser.

3 replies

July 19, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1099 posts

Thanks for reporting and you’re right, it’s the syntax highlighter parser. The parser is having some issues with things like “(a == b)” and those curly brackets. We’re looking into it and it will be fixed, Qt code should look great here. :)

If you have more to add, or find other code parsing issues, there is a bug report for it here: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTWEBSITE-46 [bugreports.qt.nokia.com]

Signature 

Project Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

July 19, 2010

Zlatomir Zlatomir
Hobby Entomologist
363 posts

Thanks for answer and link to bugreports, i created an account there and post the link to topic and platforms/browsers i tested.

July 30, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1099 posts

We have tamed the curly brackets and other issues with the syntax highlighter now, if you find more oddities please let us know. :)

Signature 

Project Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

‹‹ Problem with sending a message from Contact form      Subscription to forum topics ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!