December 29, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

Calendar widget?

I am looking for a calendar widget. That is, a widget like you get in an calendar application like Outlook, KOriganizer and the likes, not just for picking dates like you can with Qt’s widget. I googled a bit, but so far I can’t find a useful widget. Does anyone know of one? It does not need to be open source. I figure people have probably already written a component like this, and I figure it would be silly to invest the time to write yet another one.

P.S. Does anyone know of places where 3rd party Qt components can be found? I know of Qt-apps.org and the showcase forum here on devnet, but those don’t have all that many components, nor are they very well organized it seems. If not, I may even try to start my own page for that…

11 replies

December 29, 2010

Milot Shala Milot Shala
Lab Rat
396 posts

This one [code.google.com] quickcalendarview/src was the winner of 2008 Pimp My Widgets Developer Contest and it is pretty :)

December 29, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

Thanks for the link. Do you know if there is English (or German, or Dutch) documentation available anywhere? A screenshot perhaps too?

December 29, 2010

Milot Shala Milot Shala
Lab Rat
396 posts
Andre wrote:
Thanks for the link. Do you know if there is English (or German, or Dutch) documentation available anywhere? A screenshot perhaps too?

I searched for them because I don’t know Russian my self, but that was the only source! Nokia has taken the contest websites down and I don’t know the reason, but I think you should try searching for it too using the QuickCalendarView keyword.

December 29, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

I tried that, but all I find are some chinese sites and the Google code hosting site. That’s why I asked. Thanks anyway, I guess I’ll just download the source and see for myself :-)

January 3, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

kick

I am still looking for suggestions for:

1. a good calendar widget that has documentation I can read (even checkout of quickcalendar via SVN failed)
  2. a good site with a nice overview of 3rd party Qt components

January 8, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

I really can’t download the sources, other than copy/pasting their contents one by one from the online SVN browser. I have send an email tot the author mentioned in the copyright notice in a source file, hoping that will lead to easier access and perhaps non-russian docs. If not, I guess I’ll try if our Russian friends [developer.qt.nokia.com] can provide some help with those docs…

Questions above are still current, in the meantime.

April 9, 2011

Raul Raul
Lab Rat
120 posts

Hi Andre, I know the post is a bit old but, I also need a calendar widget, did you find anything?
Should I just stop looking and start rolling my own? Are you building one? how much will you charge for it? open source maybe? hehe ;)

Thanks!

Signature 

Raul Guerrero
http://jimi.mx

April 9, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

Yes, I did manage to get in contact with the author of QuickCalendarView, and he did send me the sources. I was quite impressed by the widget, but the assignment I needed it for fell through. He has made English documentation by now, making it much more usable for non-russian speakers.

April 9, 2011

Raul Raul
Lab Rat
120 posts

Great! do you have the link or something? is there a website for it (the english version of course)? I’d like to check it out

Signature 

Raul Guerrero

April 9, 2011

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6419 posts

Like I said: he send me the sources directly (by email). I have not seen a website (other than the Google code site). I will send him a email, asking about the state of things, and if I am allowed to share the code further or not.

Edit:
I have looked at the code again, and it simply states the licence: GPL3. That should make it possible to share [dl.dropbox.com] it without further problems. The official site is a Google code website: QuickCalendarView [code.google.com] but the information on that site is in Russian. The author stated that the code was a basically a proof on concept, and that he thought it needed more work to make it really ready for production use. His contact details are in the source code.

April 10, 2011

Raul Raul
Lab Rat
120 posts

cool thanks for the share Andre!

I’ll start checking it out and maybe work a bit on it, if I make some changes I’ll let the author and everyone know

Signature 

Raul Guerrero

‹‹ Bug free programming with Qt:      QTabBar::expanding() feature ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!