December 28, 2010

Onddo Onddo
Lab Rat
19 posts

QtMultimediaKit Video element

 

Hi – According to http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/qml-multimedia.html , the QML ‘Video’ element does not work for Symbian devices (the audio element works).

Does anyone know when the support for this element will be available for Symbian platform?

Also, are there other alternatives to build video applications within a QML UI?

Thanks!

7 replies

December 28, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

Some update is expected in Q1 of 2011. But will it have this fixed, I am not sure about it.

December 28, 2010

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
188 posts

Hi,
Onddo

The link you provided is QML of Qt mobility 1.1.
Where it contains one note,
NOTE : This element is currently not supported on Symbian platforms.

However, you see this QML of Qt Mobility 1.2TP which does not have any NOTE regarding Video element.
Mobility 1.2TP [doc.qt.nokia.com]

December 29, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

qtrahul wrote:
Hi,
Onddo

The link you provided is QML of Qt mobility 1.1.
Where it contains one note,
NOTE : This element is currently not supported on Symbian platforms.

However, you see this QML of Qt Mobility 1.2TP which does not have any NOTE regarding Video element.
Mobility 1.2TP [doc.qt.nokia.com]

It seems you are not aware that there is no Symbian sis packages for this technology preview.

December 29, 2010

jech jech
Lab Rat
131 posts

Hello, I’d like to use QtMultimedia on Windows. Is it possible? How do I install it?

Also I’m not sure if QtMultimedia is the right backend for my purpose. I’m working on a Pyside/QML music player, but I would like to support video files too. I want to have a very good multimedia support – as many formats as possible, gapeless playback, replaygain etc.

Currently I use MPlayer, but it doesn’t support replaygain. Also it has many other bugs I have to workaround. Phonon with DS backend is completely unusable on Windows. I was also thinking about GStreamer, but I wasn’t able to make it work with Python on Windows. So I hope that QtMultimedia can solve all these problems.

What do you think is the best solution for me?

December 29, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts
jech wrote:
Hello, I’d like to use QtMultimedia on Windows. Is it possible? How do I install it?

Yes, you can use QtMultimedia on Windows. You might want to check this [labs.qt.nokia.com] example. You will have to install [doc.qt.nokia.com] Qt Mobility 1.1.

December 29, 2010

CreMindES CreMindES
Lab Rat
211 posts

The expected support for Symbian will cover both Symbian^3 and Symbian 5th?

December 29, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts
CreMindES wrote:
The expected support for Symbian will cover both Symbian^3 and Symbian 5th?

Yes

 
  ‹‹ ListView’s Highlight Rectangle Height      Lock orientation of the phone for specific QML pages ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!