December 27, 2010

anton_duca anton_duca
Lab Rat
7 posts

Symbian^3 emulator - QT component not installed

Hi

I have installed the following software:

1) Nokia QT SDK last version 1.0.2 (with QtCreator 2.0.1)
2) active perl 5.6.
3) symbian 3 sdk v0.9
4) Qt symbian 4.6.3

To integrate SDK with Qt Creator, I went to <SDK ROOT DIR>\epoc32\tools\qt and ran qt_conf_path_edit.bat.

Still when I try to install a HelloQt.SIS file to emulator says “Qt component not installed”.

Also in QTCreator > Tools>Options->Qt4->S60SDKs next to the Symbian3SDK says “No QT installed” … though QTCreator > Tools>Options->Qt4->Versions in autodetect section Qt 4.6.3 is found.

Anton

12 replies

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

You cannot install a sis file(prepared for device) in the emulator.

December 27, 2010

anton_duca anton_duca
Lab Rat
7 posts

Ok with that … still … why I cannot integrate Symbian^3 emulator with QtCreator?
Shouldnt that be possible?

December 27, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1654 posts

anton_duca, you can use Simulator to test your apps. Emulator integration is not possible AFAIK.

December 27, 2010

anton_duca anton_duca
Lab Rat
7 posts

I know I can use the Simulator … the problem is the UIs and other features are not as they appear/are on device ….

I am a J2ME and Android developer and …. telling me to use Simulator is like saying to use a RegularJ2ME emulator and not a DeviceEmulator …. come on man

In the releasenotes.txt from Symbian^3 SDK says clear:

“ – To integrate SDK with Qt Creator, go to <SDK ROOT DIR>\epoc32\tools\qt and run qt_conf_path_edit.bat.

Does not that sentence means it SHOULD WORK?

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

A better option in this case will be to use carbide.c++ symbian SDK and Qt SDK combination.

December 27, 2010

Lab Rat
1654 posts

SDK and emulator are not same things :)

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts
Denis Kormalev wrote:

Yes, I was referring to install the Symbian SDK only. It comes with emulator – which resembles the device more.

December 27, 2010

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
188 posts

If you have the NOKIA Qt SDK, then don’t need to in stall Qt creator , as it comes along with it.

You have to uninstall the Qt creator if you have previously installed.

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

qtrahul wrote:

You have to uninstall the Qt creator if you have previously installed.

This is not essential. If required you can install different versions of Qt Creator. I use a stable version along with the latest RC version.

December 27, 2010

anton_duca anton_duca
Lab Rat
7 posts

What would be the point to integrate an IDE (like Qtcreator) with a SDK (symbian^3) ?

From my point of view is to code/test/develop better for that particular SDK … and on what can u test that better … of course on a dedicated emulator (like the emulator that ships with the Symbian^3 SDK)

Example:
Why would I integrate Netbeans or Eclipse with s60 3rd MIDP if not to test it on the S60 emulator … would it make sense to test it on a GenericJ2ME emulator (which not resembles the real device)? (not for me)

December 27, 2010

Lab Rat
1654 posts

anton_duca, QtCreator integration with SDK is mostly for building apps and for debugging them on device.

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

I hope Nokia Qt SDK is progressing in that direction and in future we might have better tools.

‹‹ Windows open source download is built without RTTI, useless      Qt installations KDE vs GNOME ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!