December 23, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

[Question]Editing a poll

Page  

When I edit a poll that I created, I might need to also edit the poll options, add/remove .. etc
At the same time, I also know that people could have voted for some option. .. so what do you think, should that poll be cancelled and a new one started? And all those who voted should vote again?

18 replies

December 23, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

New one started and voted again seems better option.

December 23, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1607 posts

You can ask a moderator (in your case, chetankjain, you can do it yourself) to edit a poll if it is really necessary (for example typos and something like this)

December 23, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
Denis Kormalev wrote:
You can ask a moderator (in your case, chetankjain, you can do it yourself) to edit a poll if it is really necessary (for example typos and something like this)

He is asking for opinion I think. Whether doing it would be right or should he start a new one.

December 23, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

Denis sorry my fault, I started one thread, and posted another issue :(

Now edited the 1st thread post

December 23, 2010

Lab Rat
1607 posts

QtK, if we are talking about rightness then I think it is ok to edit in case of typos or in case of 0-1 votes.

December 23, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
Denis Kormalev wrote:
QtK, if we are talking about rightness then I think it is ok to edit in case of typos or in case of 0-1 votes.

Yes, that is ok. But chetan is referring a condition where in new options are added. Like the poll might be – which developer network do you like

1) MSDN
2) Forum Nokia
3) None of the above

Then after some votes you want to add QDN. Then in that case its better to start a new one and dismiss the old one if many people have voted.

December 23, 2010

Lab Rat
1607 posts

QtK, yeah, I’‘m agreed with you. But if there are 1 or 2 votes and especially if no “Other” votes than it is applicable to add it in this vote.

December 23, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
Denis Kormalev wrote:
QtK, yeah, I’‘m agreed with you. But if there are 1 or 2 votes and especially if no “Other” votes than it is applicable to add it in this vote.

Yes, agreed.

December 23, 2010

Immii Immii
Lab Rat
205 posts

It is better to start new one because if you edit the existing one then you will loose the opinion of those who have already voted for your old options.

December 23, 2010

Immii Immii
Lab Rat
205 posts

Can you please give me a pointer how can I start a voting sort of discussion. which gives forum participants couple of option to choose and vote for.

December 23, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

I’d too prefer cancelling of the old vote and start from scratch. Even if only one user has voted so far, he/she could could change his/her mind.

@Immi:
Forum Help [developer.qt.nokia.com] in the wiki has the instructions.

December 23, 2010

VCsala VCsala
Lab Rat
323 posts

I agree with Volker, fairness says you should start a new poll to provide equal opportunities to everyone (ok, I know it sound too serious)

December 24, 2010

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
183 posts

Once a vote has been submitted then nobody can change, otherwise everybody can change at anytime until the poll closed. (Ideally).

December 24, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
qtrahul wrote:
Once a vote has been submitted then nobody can change, otherwise everybody can change at anytime until the poll closed. (Ideally).

If one has not submitted a vote, what i there to change for him. Don’ know what you mean by this sentence.

December 29, 2010

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
183 posts
QtK wrote:
qtrahul wrote:

If one has not submitted a vote, what i there to change for him. Don’ know what you mean by this sentence.

I want to say this :
Submitted vote should not be changed.

Page  

‹‹ developer.qt.nokia.com/forum? Or Qt center? Forum Nokia?      Third party Qt components website: a useful idea? ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!