December 22, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6422 posts

The dark sides of Nokia’s industrialization of Finland: endagered species

Some light entertainment in these cold days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyJ_6epH2SY :-)

8 replies

December 22, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

Viewer Discretion Is Advised for the video content.

December 26, 2010

ucomesdag ucomesdag
Lab Rat
226 posts

LMAO :)

Signature 

Write “Qt”, not “QT” (QuickTime).

December 26, 2010

Milot Shala Milot Shala
Lab Rat
371 posts

hahah nice one, but why making jokes of Finland which is one of best places to live so far?

December 27, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6422 posts

Why not make jokes on Finland? By putting a joke on Finland or the Fins here, I don’t mean to disqualify it/them at all. It is just a nice place to put such a thing, as I expect there to a be a relatively large number of people from that region here :-)

December 27, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

Why is it named “The dark sides of Nokia’s industrialization of Finland”. The video has nothing to do with Nokia. Or is it that Nokia is the only industry in Finland.

December 27, 2010

Andre Andre
Robot Herder
6422 posts

Well, Nokia is big industrial company in Finland, AFAIK the biggest (but, I may very well be wrong on that topic). The ‘documentary’ mentions that the ‘native Fin’ is an endagered species because of the increasing industrialization. If Nokia is a big/the biggest industry in Finland, than it stands to reason to “blame” Nokia, right?

Anyway: don’t take it too seriously please…

December 27, 2010

Smar Smar
Lab Rat
252 posts
Milot Shala wrote:
hahah nice one, but why making jokes of Finland which is one of best places to live so far?

I wouldn’t say so, we just get our share of hype… I don’t really know how bad other countries are, but I can assure Finnish is not even near to be “perfect place”. That’s the life.

Andre wrote:
Well, Nokia is big industrial company in Finland, AFAIK the biggest (but, I may very well be wrong on that topic). The ‘documentary’ mentions that the ‘native Fin’ is an endagered species because of the increasing industrialization. If Nokia is a big/the biggest industry in Finland, than it stands to reason to “blame” Nokia, right?

Anyway: don’t take it too seriously please…

Yes, it is really big for a Finnish company.

Another note: our capital has been flooded with snow past month.

A picture with Finnish text. [yle.fi]

December 27, 2010

qtrahul qtrahul
Lab Rat
183 posts

Nokia is worlds largest mobile selling company…….

‹‹ any Idea when Qt 4.8 is coming out?      Tags, Is this possible to see who added what tags ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!