December 21, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

Add subscriptions to blog postings

I just wanted to let you know of QTWEBSITE-150 [bugreports.qt.nokia.com] with this suggestion:

In the forum, there is a link “Subscribe to this thread” to get email notifications for new posts.

In the blogs there is no such link, one has to post a comment to switch email notifications on and unfortunately one cannot post an empty comment.

7 replies

December 21, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

May be an rss feed might help.

December 21, 2010

Vass Vass
Ant Farmer
706 posts

Oh, I think so it feature need add to simple API here [bugreports.qt.nokia.com]!

Signature 

Vasiliy

December 21, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1607 posts

QtK, not sure about rss. Global RSS will not help if you want to subscribe only to one blog post. RSS for each blog post looks for me like something strange.

Vass, please elaborate. Do you mean providing info about count of new blog posts/blog comments or something else?

December 21, 2010

Vass Vass
Ant Farmer
706 posts

I mean new answer in subscribed post.
Will be good receive this list to plugin.

Signature 

Vasiliy

December 21, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1607 posts

Vass, subscribed posts are subscribed because you receive email about them. I’m not sure we need double notification.

December 22, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1091 posts
Volker wrote:
In the blogs there is no such link, one has to post a comment to switch email notifications on and unfortunately one cannot post an empty comment.

Makes sense to have it there but I don’t see it as an important feature, so it’s on the list but not at the top.

Signature 

Project Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

December 22, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

No problem, I just was surprised to get an email for another comment, once I had left my own comment :-)

‹‹ Closing threads (automatically)?      [Moved] we should have filter based on Forum category. ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!