How to access widgets created with the UI Designer from another (a sub) class.
I’m a begginer, started this month programming with QT. So long I’ve been able to create a GUI (ControlLoop) with the QT Designer and access its widgets with signals and slots declared in the Sourcefile. Now I have a new class (StartGui) which inherits from ControlLoop. In StartGui I’m trying to catch the signals from the ControlLoop’s widgets at runtime, I have tried almost everything I’ve read. I connect the signals and slots in der StartGui class and get no error messages. But whenever the program is running and I change the Text in e.g. a QLineEdit, nothing happens. Could you please help me? I’ve been stuck at this point for days.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong whenever I connect the Widgets, the nothing happens when the programm is running and I do any of the signals.
Is it even possible to acces those widgets from the subclass or is the whole idea just wrong=
Thank you very much!
- #ifndef STARTGUI_H
- #define STARTGUI_H
- #include "controlloop.h"
- #include "ui_guiregelkreis.h"
- class StartGui : public ControlLoop
- ControlLoop *GUI;
- public slots:
- void on_JobLineEdit_textChanged(QString)
- #include "startgui.h"
- #include "ui_controlloop.h"
- GUI = new ControlLoop();
- connect(GUI->ui->JobLineEdit, SIGNAL(textChanged(QString)),
- this, SLOT(on_JobLineEdit_textChanged(QString)));
- connect(GUI->ui->MaschineLineEdit, SIGNAL(textChanged(QString)),
- this, SLOT(on_MaschineLineEdit_textChanged(QString)));
- void StartGui::on_JobLineEdit_textChanged(QString)