December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

Forum Nokia Webinar ‘Developing Games for the Nokia N8’ is on now

Page  
1

Developing Games for the Nokia N8

Join us here:
http://forumnokia.emea.acrobat.com/webinars/

24 replies

December 8, 2010

xsacha xsacha
Lab Rat
502 posts

For those that missed it:
Push Notification Beta [img809.imageshack.us]
In-App Purchase [img256.imageshack.us]

lol@ the skype popup

 Signature 

- Sacha

December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

Hope people are aware of this contest here

http://www.callingallinnovators.com/10m/ [callingallinnovators.com]

December 8, 2010

xsacha xsacha
Lab Rat
502 posts

I’m not sure if the speaker quite knew all the details.
He said Qt4.7.1 was available for N8 and you can submit Qt4.7 apps for N8 on Ovi Store right now.

 Signature 

- Sacha

December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

If anyone participating in the above competition. It was informed that one can submit Qt 4.7 based games too.

December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
xsacha wrote:
I’m not sure if the speaker quite knew all the details. He said Qt4.7.1 was available for N8 and you can submit Qt4.7 apps for N8 on Ovi Store right now. Since SmartInstaller 1.1 (that came out just two weeks ago) is still on Qt4.6.3, I don’t think this is quite accurate.

I thought he had referred to the competition. I had asked about OVI store support for Qt 4.7, but didn’t hear him answer that. May be I missed it.

December 8, 2010

xsacha xsacha
Lab Rat
502 posts

Well he said in the speech that Qt4.7.1 is available now on Forum Nokia for N8. Then someone asked later if 4.7.1 was available because they only find 4.7.0 and he said that yes, 4.7.1 is available for N8 on Forum Nokia.
Then later someone asked if 4.7.1 apps can be submitted yet as N8 only comes with 4.6.3 and he said yes, you can submit Qt 4.7.1 apps right now.

So I’m wondering if anyone has a link to a SmartInstaller for S^3 with 4.7.1 or even just a qt_installer.sis with 4.7.1 in it. It would be great if there was.

 Signature 

- Sacha

December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

xsacha wrote:
Well he said in the speech that Qt4.7.1 is available now on Forum Nokia for N8. Then someone asked later if 4.7.1 was available because they only find 4.7.0 and he said that yes, 4.7.1 is available for N8 on Forum Nokia.
Then later someone asked if 4.7.1 apps can be submitted yet as N8 only comes with 4.6.3 and he said yes, you can submit Qt 4.7.1 apps right now.

So I’m wondering if anyone has a link to a SmartInstaller for S^3 with 4.7.1 or even just a qt_installer.sis with 4.7.1 in it. It would be great if there was.

Yes this was what he said. But the last line “you can submit Qt 4.7.1 apps right now” I thought was for the calling all innovators challenge.

Also I was expecting the session to be more on the technical side which it was not. Most of the things were known except the IAP api.

December 8, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

The mistake has been rectified and an email has been sent to all

Regarding the Qt 4.7 app support right now It’s meant explicitly for development purposes only and cannot be used for software intended for deployment to Symbian 3 devices by end users.

And the Smart Installer does not support Qt4.7 yet.

Please check this wiki for more details.

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Qt_4.7_for_Symbian^3_-_developer_version

December 9, 2010

xsacha xsacha
Lab Rat
502 posts

Yeah well I knew this already. At the time I had hope that maybe he knew what he was talking about and they launched it with the webinar. Then reality set in :(.

Everyone who logged in as a guest (me), won’t get an email about it of course.

 Signature 

- Sacha

December 9, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

I’d like to see a global competition, this one is only for N. America :(

December 9, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
chetankjain wrote:
I’d like to see a global competition, this one is only for N. America :(

Global participation is allowed. But the apps and games need to be targeted for US and Canada only.

December 9, 2010

xsacha xsacha
Lab Rat
502 posts

For the record they had a competition for other markets (many other countries including my own) back in July.
To see the details and results, take the 10M off that link.
Obviously they think the north american market is worth more and is in greater need of applications.

http://www.callingallinnovators.com

 Signature 

- Sacha

December 9, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

xsacha wrote:
For the record they had a competition for other markets (many other countries including my own) back in July.
To see the details and results, take the 10M off that link.
Obviously they think the north american market is worth more and is in greater need of applications.

http://www.callingallinnovators.com

This is sort of yearly competition now. You can expect it next year too. It all started with the Mobile Rules Competition.

December 9, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
xsacha wrote:
Obviously they think the north american market is worth more and is in greater need of applications. http://www.callingallinnovators.com

I feel they want to increase their market cap in this region – which is highly dominated by others. Moreover, compared to other regions you can expect more paid downloads. And Ovi store needs this to attract more developers to their platform. As of now none of the documents released by Ovi states anything about the amount of revenue earned by a developer. Its just the number of downloads and reach.

December 13, 2010

stuk stuk
Ant Farmer
523 posts

For public the app to the store i need sign the app? Or there a special ‘bonus’ sign for the contest?
Becouse some time ago i see that sign an app is very expensive!

Page  
1

  ‹‹ Developer Angst on Microsoft Visual C++ Futures      Forum Nokia Webinar - Optimize OpenGL ES 2.0 Apps for Symbian Devices ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!