December 3, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

[solved] Resize or scroll enable large images in wiki

It seems wiki doesn’t resize or provide option to scale large images.

http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/QtCreatorWhitepaper

In the above link it seems images are trimmed on the right side as it doesn’t fit on to the screen.

15 replies

December 3, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

yes that will be a good feature to have, while linking the image I should be able to specify the w,h too

December 3, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1607 posts

chetankjain, and autoresizing to fit screen will be good too (when w,h not specified or specified bigger than avail space).

December 3, 2010

Gurudutt Gurudutt
Lab Rat
231 posts

Thank you for reporting this, we are looking into it.

Signature 

Release Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

December 3, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1091 posts

We have a “function imgFitOnLoad” script for the forum, I guess we can use that for the wiki as well?

Signature 

Project Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

December 3, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
chetankjain wrote:
yes that will be a good feature to have, while linking the image I should be able to specify the w,h too

Would prefer it to be handled automatically. Although additional support to specify w, h will be a nice to have feature.

December 3, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

I would prefer scaling down the images to a reasonable size in the wiki (big images can really break the layout) and provide a link on the image that opens it in original size in one of these popular image popups.

December 3, 2010

thp thp
Lab Rat
35 posts

A CSS style like the following should do the trick:

1. max-width: 100%;

The image can always be linked to the source image. Having LightBox would also be nice – this way, bigger images can be displayed while staying on the page, but when JavaScript is disabled, the link still goes to the original (full-size) image.

December 3, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts

Yes, and may be on clicking the image one can view the full size image on a different page.

December 3, 2010

Denis Kormalev Denis Kormalev
Lab Rat
1607 posts

QtK, way suggested by thp is better I think. A bit of lightbox will be really nice here.

December 16, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1091 posts

A solution to this went live yesterday, cheers :)

Signature 

December 16, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

What does it do exactly? From what I’ve seen, it seems to restrict the size to a certain amount, but there is no link to show the image in its original size. Right?

December 16, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1045 posts
mariusg wrote:
A solution to this went live yesterday, cheers :)

Thank you will check it out.

December 16, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1091 posts
Volker wrote:
What does it do exactly? From what I’ve seen, it seems to restrict the size to a certain amount, but there is no link to show the image in its original size. Right?

Right, it solves the image breaking out of the page.

Signature 

December 16, 2010

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

Any chances of getting a lightbox in, too?

December 16, 2010

mariusg mariusg
Ant Farmer
1091 posts

Not at the moment, for every .js library (or jQuery plugin) we add to the site the work per release jumps up a notch. So unless it’s a key requirement we would rather wait with another js. lib in the mix. Also they usually bring with them all sorts of funny cross browser issues with IE7 and IE8.

Signature 

‹‹ Removal of empty wiki subcategories      [Feature request] Wiki links with square brackets in forum posts ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!