December 2, 2010

JoDi JoDi
Lab Rat
3 posts

Problem Building Qt C++ Examples

Hi All,

I’ve downloaded and installed the latest release of Qt for windows, however I can’t seem to builld any of the included examples.

When I try to build for example the config dialog example I get a lot of compiler errrors which I can’t explain.

Any help appreciated,

John

Running build steps for project configdialog…
Starting: “c:/qt/2010.05/qt/bin/qmake.exe” C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/dialogs/configdialog/configdialog.pro -r -spec win32-g++
The process “c:/qt/2010.05/qt/bin/qmake.exe” exited normally.
Starting: “C:/Qt/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe” -w
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/dialogs/configdialog-build-desktop’

C:/Qt/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug all

mingw32-make1: Entering directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/dialogs/configdialog-build-desktop’

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -o tmpobjdebug_sharedconfigdialog.o ..configdialogconfigdialog.cpp

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -o tmpobjdebug_sharedmain.o ..configdialogmain.cpp

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -o tmpobjdebug_sharedpages.o ..configdialogpages.cpp

C:Qt2010.05qtbinmoc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -D__GNUC__ -DWIN32 ..configdialogconfigdialog.h -o tmpmocdebug_sharedmoc_configdialog.cpp

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -o tmpobjdebug_sharedmoc_configdialog.o tmpmocdebug_sharedmoc_configdialog.cpp

c:Qt2010.05qtbinrcc.exe -name configdialog ..configdialogconfigdialog.qrc -o tmprccdebug_sharedqrc_configdialog.cpp

g++ -c -g -frtti -fexceptions -mthreads -Wall -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I”……includeQtCore” -I”……includeQtGui” -I”……include” -I”……includeActiveQt” -I“tmpmocdebug_shared” -I”..configdialog” -I”.” -I”……mkspecswin32-g++” -o tmpobjdebug_sharedqrc_configdialog.o tmprccdebug_sharedqrc_configdialog.cpp

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debugconfigdialog.exe tmp/obj/debug_shared/configdialog.o tmp/obj/debug_shared/main.o tmp/obj/debug_shared/pages.o tmp/obj/debug_shared/moc_configdialog.o tmp/obj/debug_shared/qrc_configdialog.o -L“c:Qt2010.05qtlib” -L“c:Program FilesSQLXML 4.0bin” -L“c:Qt2010.05qtlib” -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4

mingw32-make1: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/dialogs/configdialog-build-desktop’

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt/2010.05/qt/examples/dialogs/configdialog-build-desktop’

tmp/obj/debug_shared/configdialog.o: In function `ConfigDialog’:

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:46: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QDialogC2EP7QWidget6QFlagsIN2Qt10WindowTypeEE’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:48: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11QListWidgetC1EP7QWidget’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:49: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN9QListView11setViewModeENS_8ViewModeE’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:50: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN17QAbstractItemView11setIconSizeERK5QSize’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:51: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN9QListView11setMovementENS_8MovementE’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:52: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7QWidget15setMaximumWidthEi’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:53: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN9QListView10setSpacingEi’

C:Qt2010.05qtexamplesdialogsconfigdialog-build-desktop/../configdialog/configdialog.cpp:55: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN14QStackedWidgetC1EP7QWidget’

etc etc…

12 replies

December 2, 2010

Alexander Kuchumov Alexander Kuchumov
Lab Rat
380 posts

Try to set env PATH to directory with qtdll’s.

December 2, 2010

blex blex
Lab Rat
192 posts
Alexander Kuchumov wrote:
Try to set env PATH to directory with qtdll’s.

It seems that compiler cannot find libs, not dlls. Maybe, something wrong with *.a file location (or how iit is called in mingw), spaces in the path or LIB value in *.pro file?

Signature 

————————————

Oleksiy Balabay

December 2, 2010

Alexander Kuchumov Alexander Kuchumov
Lab Rat
380 posts

blex, yes, path to libs

December 3, 2010

JoDi JoDi
Lab Rat
3 posts

Thanks all for your replies. Unfortunatly, it didn’t help me any further.

I wanted to evaluate Qt, and given the fact that after a default installation on XP I can’t build the included examples is a bit frustrating and definatly not what I expected. So currently thumbs down on Qt, but I don’t give up yet!

In the environment settings, I’ve added C:\Qt\2010.05\qt\bin to the PATH. Further I noticed that in Projects -> Run settings one can make also change the build, clean and environment settings, but I am not sure what to look for here what could be wrong…

Any further help appreciated.

December 3, 2010

blex blex
Lab Rat
192 posts

Please look at option

1. -L”c:Program FilesSQLXML 4.0bin”

in your output. I think it is a forum bug that no back-slash are present. It contains space in the directory name. Try to remove this path – I do not know where your environment got it.

Signature 

————————————

Oleksiy Balabay

December 3, 2010

blex blex
Lab Rat
192 posts

I have just compile you example using QtCreator but from build 2010.01

Instead of make try the IDE:

• open project in QtCreator,
  • select the proper version of Qt (Tools – Options – Qt4 – Qt Versions – Default Qt version): in your case it should be c:\\qt\\2010.05\\qt\\bin\\qmake.exe
  • Build – Run qmake
  • Build – Run
 Signature 

————————————

Oleksiy Balabay

December 3, 2010

JoDi JoDi
Lab Rat
3 posts

Hi Blex,

Thanks! It was indeed related to the environment setting for lib ”c:\Program Files\SQLXML 4.0\bin”.

Once I removed it from the environment settings I was able to build an run the examples.

Thumps up again!

December 3, 2010

blex blex
Lab Rat
192 posts

So, the resolution: Never use spaces in path to library files.

Signature 

————————————

Oleksiy Balabay

December 3, 2010

QtK QtK
Lab Rat
1140 posts

Just noticed the topic header. If you can correct it – its Qt and not QT(Quick Time)

December 15, 2010

osiris2600 osiris2600
Lab Rat
2 posts

I’m having the exact same problem and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I went as far as to put the lib directory into the system path and I am still unable to compile the example applications.

Below is the compile output. I was able to get it to compile once. Then I took the lib dir out of the path to make sure that was the solution and I haven’t been able to get it to compile since. I have no idea whats wrong and I’m pretty disappointed that the default installation does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

_Running build steps for project animatedtiles…
Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
Starting: “C:/Qt4/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe” -w
mingw32-make: Entering directory `C:/Qt4/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/animatedtiles’

C:/Qt4/2010.05/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug all

mingw32-make1: Entering directory `C:/Qt4/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/animatedtiles’

g++ -enable-stdcall-fixup -Wl,-enable-auto-import -Wl,-enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc -mthreads -Wl -Wl,-subsystem,windows -o debug\animatedtiles.exe tmp/obj/debug_shared/main.o tmp/obj/debug_shared/qrc_animatedtiles.o -L“c:\Qt4\2010.05\qt\lib” -L“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib\” -L“c:\Qt4\2010.05\qt\lib” -lmingw32 -lqtmaind -lQtGuid4 -lQtCored4

mingw32-make1: Leaving directory `C:/Qt4/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/animatedtiles’

mingw32-make: Leaving directory `C:/Qt4/2010.05/qt/examples/animation/animatedtiles’

tmp/obj/debug_shared/main.o: In function `Z5qMainiPPc’:

C:\Qt4\2010.05\qt\examples\animation\animatedtiles/main.cpp:136: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12QApplicationC1ERiPPci’__

December 15, 2010

JoDi JoDi
Lab Rat
3 posts

The problem appears to be caused by the lib C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib\

Please check your system properties -> Environment settings on your Windows machine. Likely there is a variable with name LIB listed and which has the value C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib\. Delete this entry and try again to run qmake and to rebuild the application.

This was what caused my problem as well.

December 15, 2010

osiris2600 osiris2600
Lab Rat
2 posts

Thanks, that got me a bit futher but then i ran into another known problem -> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1889

I was eventually able to get past this but why hasn’t this been bug resolved? Should I reopen this bug? This is experience does not leave a good impression especially as a first time user.

‹‹ Qt3 to 4 porting. QTranslatorMessage disappeared      [SOLVED] QWidget::setWindowModified: The window title does not contain a ’[*]’ placeholder ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!