Real Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) in Qt
After looking for a Qt-based library doing Fourier transforms for a while, I decided to create one myself. This is not a “question”, but rather a discussion for people searching for FFT in Qt in the future.
The library is a little “big in size”, but this is a trade-off for increased compile-time optimization (faster execution time). The library is based on FFTReal (developed by Laurent de Soras). The library as is (currently) only supports real calculations (no complex numbers), which makes it optimal for most sound and image processors. The library is open source and there are a number of pre-compiled versions and installers available. The aim of this library is to provide a easy-to-use interface, especially for people not that familiar with FFT or Fourier series in general.
Here are some details on the library:
- Name: QRealFourier
- Current version: 0.2.0
- Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux and any platform supported by Qt (only tested MinGW on Windows, but VS should work).
- License: LGPLv3
- SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qrealfourier [sourceforge.net]
- GitHub: http://github.com/visore/QRealFourier [github.com] (main Git repository)
- Email: qrealfourier <at> visore.org
- Project: Part of the Visore project (http://www.visore.org [visore.org])