May 2, 2012

pmjz pmjz
Lab Rat
89 posts

[Solved]can not run “sudo ./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86-v1.2.1.run”

Hi guys,

I wanna install qtsdk, I issued chmod u+x QtSdk-offline-linux-x86-v1.2.1.run
and then I issued sudo ./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86-v1.2.1.run.

nothing happen or prompt a message “no such file or directory”, welcome
any ideas

7 replies

May 2, 2012

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5428 posts

Did you try “chmod a+x”?

May 2, 2012

pmjz pmjz
Lab Rat
89 posts

yes, i did.but the problem is the same. bash:./QtSdk-offline-linux-x86-v1.2.1.run: No such file or directory

May 2, 2012

Tobias Hunger Tobias Hunger
Robot Herder
3387 posts

I would guess that you are running a pure 64bit userspace and are trying to install a 32bit application on that.

Took me ages to figure that out when this happened to me the first time: The error message is absolutely confusing there.

May 2, 2012

pmjz pmjz
Lab Rat
89 posts

Tobias Hunger wrote:
I would guess that you are running a pure 64bit userspace and are trying to install a 32bit application on that.

Took me ages to figure that out when this happened to me the first time: The error message is absolutely confusing there.

great.I just check my system information: ubuntu 64bit. yes, I try to install 32 bit QtSDK

May 2, 2012

Robot Herder
3387 posts

You can either install an additional 32bit userspace then and install the SDK afterwards…

May 2, 2012

pmjz pmjz
Lab Rat
89 posts

thanks, by the way, what is “32bit userspace”?

May 3, 2012

Robot Herder
3387 posts

“userspace” is everything outside the kernel space:-)

As you know most applications depend on libraries to provide functionality that they use. To run 32bit apps on a 64bit system you need all the libraries needed by those apps in a 32bit version. Of course you also need all the libraries those libraries need, etc:-)

Most distributions offer a way to simple way to install a pretty complete set of 32bit libraries on a 64bit linux. Check the documentation/wikis of your distribution of choice.

‹‹ GLib errors while building Qt 4.8 on Ubuntu 12.04      [solved] HELP Me plz qglinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!