April 12, 2012

daljit97 daljit97
Lab Rat
70 posts

Contacts in qml

I’m qml beginner and i want to create an app for symbian^3 devices. I have a little problem: i want to create a gridview where the user can add contacts (with only name and phone number) by clicking a toolbarbutton. I don’t know how to do that, I’ve read qml contacts example in the SDK, but i don’t understand it. Can anyone help please?

5 replies

April 12, 2012

Skylar Skylar
Lab Rat
47 posts

Hello,

Beginner too.

Can this one help you ?

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt5/qml-qtquick2-gridview.html#properties

Signature 

In most cases, the bug is mine. But of the remaining lines are correct.

April 12, 2012

daljit97 daljit97
Lab Rat
70 posts

Thanks for help. I already read that, but my problem is how to give the possibility to user to add contacts in the grid.

April 12, 2012

task_struct task_struct
Ant Farmer
349 posts

Hello,

when your toolbarbutton is clicked. You can create dynamicly Contact [doc.qt.nokia.com] element, add name and phone and call ContactModel::saveContact() [doc.qt.nokia.com] . Your GridView will be automaticaly updated from the model.

Signature 

“Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.”
- Linus Torvalds

April 12, 2012

daljit97 daljit97
Lab Rat
70 posts

Thank you very much. I’ll try.

April 14, 2012

daljit97 daljit97
Lab Rat
70 posts

Yesm i have done it. But i don’t understand how to give to user the possibility to edit the contact

‹‹ [SOLVED] QML Scene Graph - Viewport Capture Image or Video      VKB does not open in TextInput ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!