March 21, 2012

wibstr wibstr
Lab Rat
33 posts

No Target Setup for desktop?

Hi, I have QtSDK 4.8.0 installed on Win7. When I create a new project in QtCreator, after I select my Project Type (Qt Gui app or Qt Console app), I get the ‘Target Setup’ screen with options for ‘Qt Simulator’ and ‘Harmattan’ but nothing for desktop. It won’t let me proceed without choosing one of those 2 options – so when I debug my program I get a cellphone simulator instead of a MainWindow.

I want a desktop app, not a mobile app. Am I missing something obvious (or subtle, for that matter) about what’s going on here? How do I generate a good old-fashioned desktop project? Is something just hosed with my installation?

3 replies

March 21, 2012

Tobias Hunger Tobias Hunger
Robot Herder
3386 posts

Creator offers all targets that are supported by the Qt versions installed and known to Qt Creator. So my guess is that you have not registered a desktop Qt with creator. Please go to Tools->Options->Build & Run->Qt versions and check.

March 23, 2012

wibstr wibstr
Lab Rat
33 posts

Under Tools->Options->Build&Run->Qt versions, I have the following under auto-detect:

c:\qtsdk\desktop\qt\4.8.0\mingw\bin\qmake.exe

With an error stating there’s no tool chain to produce code for this version, which makes sense because I don’t have mingw. I have Visual Studio 2005. The VS toolchain is in my list of auto-detected toolchains, but there doesn’t seem to be a qmake target associated with it. How do I make one?

March 23, 2012

Tobias Hunger Tobias Hunger
Robot Herder
3386 posts

You need a Qt version and a compiler that is able to produce code that can link against that Qt version.

So either install a Qt version build with MVSC 2005 or a mingw tool chain.

‹‹ [solved] trying to add/modify arguments for make...      How can we use Valgrind Tools of Qt creator to check memory leaks in Windows and MAC? ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!