froglogic Releases Automated Qt GUI Testing Tool Squish 4.2
froglogic GmbH today announced that Squish 4.2 – a new feature release of the popular cross-platform, cross-technology GUI Testing Tool Squish – is now available.
Squish and all the tests created with it, are completely cross-platform, and work on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux.
Squish is being successfully used in QA departments across the world in hundreds of companies both large and small, including, for example, ARM, American Power Conversion, EADS, Ericsson, France Telecom Group, General Electric, Reuters Financial Software, Siemens, Synopsys and Xilinx.
Squish 4.2 delivers several major new features including:
- Advanced WYSIWYG support for complex item-view verifications, such as entire tables and trees, in all Squish editions, and with a powerful verification point editor in the Squish IDE.
- Dedicated support for automating all WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) controls in the Squish for Windows edition.
- Dedicated support for automating SmartGWT controls in Squish for Web.
- Support for Qt versions up to Qt 4.8 in Squish for Qt.
- Several improvements in the Squish for HP QualityCenter/ALM integration plugin have been made, and support for HP ALM 11 has been added in addition to the existing HP QC 10 support.
- A new Squish integration plugin for Rational Quality Manager is available.
- Support for Hudson/Jenkins slave mechanism has been added to their Squish integration plugin.
- Simpler setup for test suites which require a launcher program, such as iOS, Java Web Start, and QML/Quick tests.
- Several usability improvements in the Squish IDE.
A detailed list of changes since Squish 4.2 is available at http://doc.froglogic.com/squish/4.2/rel-420.html
The Squish 4.2 release is now available to froglogic’s customers and to evaluators and can be found in the Download Area. If you are interested in Squish or would like to learn more about Squish, please contact email@example.com or visit http://squish.froglogic.com.
A free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish is available at http://www.froglogic.com/evaluate.
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA and UK with ca. 1,500 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing and SWT/RCP, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS CocoaTouch and for HTML/Ajax-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic’s offering now includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco. More about froglogic is at http://www.froglogic.com.