February 2, 2012

aurora aurora
Lab Rat
137 posts

how to get executable of a Qt project inorder to run it different machine?

I developed a Qt project in my computer(windows OS), now i want to execute this project in my friends machine, that machine doesn’t have Qt installed…
What are the steps i need to proceed, to get executable of my project, which must execute in different machine…?

5 replies

February 2, 2012

koahnig koahnig
Area 51 Engineer
2892 posts

You need to copy/install your application program and the required dlls to your friends machine. Checked out this [developer.qt.nokia.com]

February 2, 2012

AcerExtensa AcerExtensa
Ant Farmer
667 posts

I think this is more general: Deploying Qt Applications [developer.qt.nokia.com]

Signature 

God is Real unless explicitly declared as Integer.

February 3, 2012

aurora aurora
Lab Rat
137 posts

Thank u i got error message saying….
“The procedure entry point _Z5qFreePv could not be linked in the dynanic link library QtCore4.dll” !!!

February 3, 2012

Forgive Forgive
Lab Rat
40 posts

You first need to release the application and put the Qt libraries in it’s folder (Hm…). I think the error you’ve got is some “sort” of problems with the libraries if i’m not wrong.

Try using C:/QtSDK/QtCreator/bin libraries. Well, or wherever you have your Qt Creator.

February 3, 2012

Tobias Hunger Tobias Hunger
Robot Herder
3386 posts

Please do not use the libraries found in C:\QtSDK\QtCreator\*. That is a custom Qt build for Qt Creator and not what you used to build your code. Please use whichever Qt version you used to build your code with instead.

‹‹ [SOLVED]QTimer problem      template class not supported by Q_OBJECT ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!