[SOLVED] Qt Creator : Auto-detected debugger in tool chains has a wrong path
Hi! First time I’m posting, so I hope this question’s in the good forum.
I’m having trouble debugging with Qt Creator. When I hit F5, I get the following error :
Adapter start failed
The gdb process failed to start. Either the invoked program ‘C:/QtSDK’ is missing, or you may have insufficient permissions to invoke the program.
I googled this error, and found a lot of different solutions, more than often involving old or misconfigured QtCreator.ini. I tried them all to no avail.
Then, I noticed the following problem in “Tools->Options…
>Build And Run>Tool Chains” :
The auto-detected debugger is “C:\QtSDK”, which is probably why I’m getting this error message. I can’t edit this entry, and I don’t know how to make it auto-detect the debugger correctly.
OS : Windows XP SP3 32 bits.
Version : Qt Creator 2.4.0 based on Qt 4.7.4 (32 bits)
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
This looks like a SDK installation. If that is indeed the case, then you might want to check “Qt Creator/share/qtcreator/Nokia/toolChains.xml”. It has the debuggers used for ABIs. Search for x86-windows-msys-pe-32bit in there and check the path of the debugger used for that.
Please file a bug repor [bugreports.qt.nokia.com] against the Qt SDK if there that path is indeed wrong.
Here’s an excerpt of the file :
- <valuemap type="QVariantMap">
- <value key="ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.Debugger" type="QString">C:/QtSDK</value>
- <value key="ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.Path" type="QString">C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-g++.exe</value>
- <value key="ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.TargetAbi" type="QString">x86-windows-msys-pe-32bit</value>
- <value key="ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.DisplayName" type="QString">Mingw as a GCC for Windows targets</value>
- <value key="ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Id" type="QString">ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Mingw:C:/QtSDK/mingw/bin/mingw32-g++.exe.x86-windows-msys-pe-32bit</value>
I changed the ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.Debugger key’s value, restarted Qt Creator, and it worked!
Thanks a lot, Tobias, that was exactly it!
I filed a bug report. [bugreports.qt.nokia.com]