September 24, 2011

Peppy Peppy
Lab Rat
338 posts

I can’t run QML Application under Windows 7 (MSVC 2008)

Hello guys, I wanted to try QML Application under Windows 7 and MSVC 2008 but it is missing correct MSVCR90.DLL. I looked and tried the versions in WinSxS flder, but it didn’t work for me. What I shall do?

6 replies

September 26, 2011

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts

You might want to execute the vcredist_x86.exe in order to install the necessary C++ runtime libs on the target machine.

September 27, 2011

Peppy Peppy
Lab Rat
338 posts

I can’t run it. It is German. And, I think, I saw that there is problem to install it.

September 27, 2011

Lukas Geyer Lukas Geyer
Lab Rat
2068 posts
Peppy wrote:
I can’t run it. It is German. And, I think, I saw that there is problem to install it.

Can you elaborate this?

The Visual C++ redistributable (vcredist_x86.exe) is available in any language the operating system is available. In doubt just use the English version. If there are any errors during installation you should provide them for further assistance.

September 27, 2011

Peppy Peppy
Lab Rat
338 posts

But it shows me in German language. Yes there are some problems, but I don’t know German…

Vcredist_x86.exe in German language

and result is:

Result of vcredist_x86.exe

September 28, 2011

Peppy Peppy
Lab Rat
338 posts

so? No idea?

September 28, 2011

Volker Volker
Ant Farmer
5331 posts
Peppy wrote:
so? No idea?

Please stop bumping topics in that short time. We do not sit before the screen and wait for updates to answer on.

From my experience, the VS redistributable exe (vcredist_x86.exe) can be executed many times without problems (at least up to VS2005, I will try with VS2008 soon). If you put it into an installer (like InnoSetup), you can start a silent installation with this call:

1. vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v %TEMP%\vcredist_x86.log"

(again, tested with the VS2005 version)

‹‹ deploying for windows error      Is there a way to know if a symbian application is running on the simulator or the device? ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!