June 29, 2011

nalamar nalamar
Lab Rat
3 posts

Make Install puts Files in wrong path

Hi there,

i compiled qt-4.7.3 on my own to add mysql support. (win 7/mingw) But i ran in a little trouble.
First i installed QtSDK on my Drive e:, after that i downloaded qt-everywhere-src and put it in d:\qtsrc, running configure and mingw32-make i noticed i dont have enough space on D: left. So i copied all the files to e:\qtsrc. Because i want to replace the qt version in the sdk i ran configure like that:

configure -plugin-sql-mysql -shared -prefix e:\qtsdk\desktop\qt\4.7.3\mingw -nomake demos -opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -no-qt3support -I D:\MySQL\include -L D:\MySQL\lib -l libmysql

mingw32-make

waiting several hours Qt compiled nicely. After running QtCreator, it told me that Qt isnt installed proberly and i should run make install …. i did -> mingw32-make install

Now i got the problem that this puts all the files in d:\qtsrc …..

Question … how can i tell “mingw32-make install” … to put the files in the correct QtSDk dir …..

Thanks in advance
Nala

5 replies

June 29, 2011

anselmolsm anselmolsm
Ant Farmer
417 posts

AFAIK the configure script on Windows does not have the -prefix option. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

When you moved the source directory, maybe some old configuration files stayed in place. Try to clean (distclean) the source directory and run the configure script again.

Question: Why do you need to overwrite the QtSDK libraries? You can configure Qt Creator to use your own Qt build (tools->options->qt4->add button)

Signature 

Anselmo L. S. Melo (anselmolsm)
www.anselmolsm.org

June 29, 2011

nalamar nalamar
Lab Rat
3 posts

Thanks for your answer, i know that i can configure my own Libs, but i want to save space … i dont need the Libs without mysql anymore, so why hold them ?

June 29, 2011

koahnig koahnig
Dinosaur Breeder
2907 posts

hi Nala

I am not completely understanding your problem, but it may be similar to another.
You might want to have a look to that thread respectively to this reply [developer.qt.nokia.com]
Hope that this gives you some hints.

June 29, 2011

nalamar nalamar
Lab Rat
3 posts

Thank you! I decided to delete all and download the source again and receompile it …
But it may could have helped … i ll give it a try next time :D

June 29, 2011

koahnig koahnig
Dinosaur Breeder
2907 posts

That is the old sw developer trick.
When the engine of your car stalls,

• get out of the car
  • lock the doors
  • unlock the doors
  • get into the car
  • start the engine again

:D

‹‹ [SOLVED] how to set SCALABLE application icon ?      Qt 5 build failure with QtWebKit ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!