November 10, 2010

Kopfschmerzen Kopfschmerzen
Lab Rat
2 posts

[Solved] Cannot build an app for desktop

Hi everyone!

I’ve installed a Qt SDK 1.0.1 and created a simple (empty, actually) GUI application. The project wizard said that this option is for desktop applications, but I can’t compile the app for desktop (Windows). I went to project settings and created a target for a desktop, but it doesn’t work because there’s no path to qmake stored in environment variables. What should I install and set up to be able to build apps for a desktop?

Thanks!

4 replies

November 10, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts
Kopfschmerzen wrote:
I’ve installed a Qt SDK 1.0.1 and created a simple (empty, actually) GUI application.

I think you have installed the Nokia SDK 1.0.1. To compile on desktop, you would also need to install the Qt libraries (4.7.1 is the latest, requires MinGW preinstalled)

November 10, 2010

Lab Rat
2 posts

Seems like you’re right. That’s confusing! There are “Qt libraries 4.7.1 for Windows (minGW 4.4, 319 MB)” available to download. May I simply install it after the SDK? I mean, will it work automatically, or do I need to reinstall everything in particular order?

November 10, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

no you can install it later, and then from the Creator installed via the Nokia SDK you can then select which Qt version you want to use by … Tools->Options->Qt4

you just have to point the qmake location (this is your <4.7.1 folder>\bin\qmake.exe
and the location to MinGW directory. MinGW is not shipped with Qt 4.7.1 libraries

Do you have Qt SDK 4.7.0 installed earlier? In that case the MinGW is also installed and the directory is already available there.
Else for starters, its easier to just install the Qt SDK from here [qt.nokia.com] and later try 4.7.1

November 10, 2010

Lab Rat
2 posts

I just installed 4.7.1, set a path to the qmake and it did the trick. Thank you!

‹‹ Different output in VS2010 than ... everything else      [Solved] How can Icapture QDialog´s load/show event? ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!