October 19, 2010

anselmolsm anselmolsm
Ant Farmer
384 posts

[Qt Labs blog] Exporting QML from Photoshop and GIMP

For those who don’t follow Qt Labs Blogs yet:

Jens Bache-Wiig wrote this post [labs.qt.nokia.com] about scripts for Photoshop and GIMP to export QML files.

I recommend reading the whole post, there you’ll find links to the git repository of these scripts. He also recorded a video [youtube.com] showing the script in action.

PS: Is the announcements forum the right place for ‘recommendations’ like this? I was in doubt if it should go to the ‘Qt Quick’ forum or this one…

Signature 

Anselmo L. S. Melo (anselmolsm)
www.anselmolsm.org

6 replies

October 19, 2010

Alexandra Alexandra
Hobby Entomologist
559 posts

PS: Is the announcements forum the right place for ‘recommendations’ like this? I was in doubt if it should go to the ‘Qt Quick’ forum or this one…

I think it’s fine to post it here, the Qt Quick forum would have been okay too. My personal rule of thumb is the following: is it interesting for a lot of people regardless of their development specialities? If yes, post it globally visible. :)

Signature 

*THE CAKE IS A LIE*
Web Community Manager - Qt Development Frameworks

October 19, 2010

danilocesar danilocesar
Lab Rat
150 posts

imho, It would be nice to have a link on wiki too…

Signature 

Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula
Software Engineer

October 19, 2010

Deleted Member # 4a2 Deleted Member # 4a2
Ant Farmer
1274 posts

I really liked what I saw, what this script can do … will be a great value add for designers :)

October 19, 2010

anselmolsm anselmolsm
Ant Farmer
384 posts
chetankjain wrote:
I really liked what I saw, what this script can do … will be a great value add for designers :)

Certainly it is!

I think the most important now is to ask designers to test it and provide feedback in order to improve this script.

Signature 

Anselmo L. S. Melo (anselmolsm)
www.anselmolsm.org

December 7, 2010

kyleplattner kyleplattner
Lab Rat
199 posts

I am having this error:

Error 24: dupObj.saveAs is not a function.

Line: 316
-> dupObj.saveAs(saveFile, pngSaveOptions, true, Extension.LOWERCASE);

December 8, 2010

disperso disperso
Lab Rat
168 posts

Please, post the problem in the Qt Quick forum, and give some information more, please. For starters, if this problem is with Gimp or Photoshop. :)

‹‹ Python for Qt version 0.4.2 released (’daylight’)      Nokia Press Release: Qt IS the unified development strategy for Symbian and MeeGo ››

You must log in to post a reply. Not a member yet? Register here!