The Qt Quick module is the standard library for writing QML applications. While the Qt QML module provides the QML engine and language infrastructure, the Qt Quick module provides all the basic elements necessary for creating user interfaces with QML. It provides a visual canvas and includes types for creating and animating visual components, receiving user input, creating data models and views and delayed object instantiation.
The Qt Quick module provides both the QtQuick QML module, which supplies a set of QML types for creating user interfaces with the QML language, and the QtQuick C++ module, which supplies a set of C++ APIs for integrating with user interfaces and applications built with QML and the QtQuick QML module.
For those new to QML and Qt Quick, please see QML Application Developer Resources for an introduction to writing QML applications.
Important Concepts in Qt Quick
Qt Quick provides everything needed to create a rich application with a fluid and dynamic user interface. It enables user interfaces to be built around the behavior of user interface components and how they connect with one another, and it provides a visual canvas with its own coordinate system and rendering engine. Animation and transition effects are a first class concept in Qt Quick, and visual effects can be supplemented through specialised components for particle and shader effects.
- The Visual Canvas
- User Input
- States, Transitions And Animations
- Data - Models, Views and Data Storage
- Particles And Graphical Effects
- Convenience Types
When using the QtQuick module, you will need to know how to write QML applications using the QML language. In particular, you should have a grasp of the QML Basics and QML Essentials from the QML Application Developer Resources.
To find out more about using the QML language, see the Qt QML Module Documentation.
Qt Quick Module Documentation
- QML Types provided by the QtQuick Module
- C++ Extension Points
Additional Qt Quick information:
- Qt Quick Module - C++ Classes - the C++ API provided by the Qt Quick module
- Qt Quick QML Types - a list of QML types provided by the QtQuick import
- XML List Model - contains types for creating models from XML data
- Particles - provides a particle system for Qt Quick
- Window - contains types for creating top-level windows and accessing screen information
- Qt Quick Release Notes - list of changes and additions in the Qt Quick
- Qt Quick Code Samples - list of all Qt Quick examples module
Further information for writing QML applications: