Overview of the Qt QML Module
The Qt QML module provides both the QtQml QML module, which supplies a set of core QML types for creating QML applications, and the QtQml C++ module, which supplies a set of C++ APIs for extending QML applications with custom types and integrating C++ implementations with QML applications.
Note that the Qt QML module provides only the language and infrastructure for the QML, and does not provide a visual canvas or rendering engine for creating user interfaces. These are provided instead by the Qt Quick module, which provides many visual components, model/view support, an animation framework and much more for building user interfaces with QML.
For those new to QML and Qt Quick, please see QML Application Developer Resources for an introduction to writing QML applications.
Qt QML Module Documentation
- Important C++ Classes
- The QML Type System
- QML Modules
- QML Documents
- QML Types Provided by the QtQml Module
- Integrating QML and C++
Syntax of the QML Language
- QML Syntax Basics
- QML Object Attributes
- Property Binding
- Signal and Handler Event System
Additional Qt QML information:
- Qt QML Module - C++ Classes - the C++ API provided by the Qt QML module
- Qt QML Release Notes - list of changes and additions in the Qt QML module
Further information for writing QML applications:
- QML Application Developer Resources - essential information for application development with QML and Qt Quick
- Qt Quick - documentation for the Qt Quick module, which provides a visual canvas, an animation framework, model/view components and more for building fluid user interfaces and applications with QML