A collection of tutorials and walkthrough guides are provided with Qt to help new users get started with Qt development. These documents cover a range of topics, from basic use of widgets to step-by-step tutorials that show how an application is put together.
For demonstrations on how to use different Qt technologies, visit the Qt Examples page.
Qt Creator Tutorial
Qt Creator is the development environment for Qt.
- Qt Creator Manual - The manual contains information on how to achieve development tasks These are excerpts from the manual:
The basic concepts and technologies in Qt are introduced in these essential tutorials.
- Qt Text Editor - A simple tutorial detailing the creation of a basic Qt application Introduces the use of slots and signals, file operations, and widgets.
- Address Book - A beginner's guide to widgets, container classes, and layouts. This tutorial is also available with French version.
- ModelView - This tutorial gives an introduction to ModelView programming using the Qt cross-platform framework
- Threads - A short tutorial about thread concepts in general and basic Qt classes to handle threads
Qt Quick Essentials
- Hello World - A very simple QML example that demonstrates the basic QML features
- QML Text Editor - An intermediate QML tutorial that covers many QML features such as states, plugins, and C++ development
- QtWebKit Guide - An introductory guide to the features of QtWebKit and HTML5.
- QTestLib - This tutorial gives a short introduction to how to use some of the features of Qt's unit-testing framework, QTestLib. It is divided into four chapters.
- qmake - This tutorial teaches you how to use qmake. We recommend that you read the qmake user guide after completing this tutorial.
- Qt Linguist - A guided tour through the translations process, explaining the tools provided for developers, translators and release managers.
Online Learning Materials
These online materials provide further tutorials and developer presentations.
Note: The videos presented in these sites are not supported by the Qt Creator browser and must be viewed in a web browser.
- Qt eLearning - The Qt eLearning team provides training and Qt certification. Many of their learning content are hosted online.