Support for Windows
Platform support for Windows.
Qt on Windows
Qt is a comprehensive application and UI framework for developing Windows applications that can also be deployed across many other desktop and embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code. Use the code from one single code-base and rebuild for all supported Windows versions and other platforms.
Getting Started on Windows
- Supported Windows platforms - Qt supports a wide range of Windows platforms.
- Qt for Windows Requirements - Requirements for developing with Qt on Windows.
- Installing Qt for Windows - Build Qt for Windows development.
- Platform and Compiler Notes - Windows - Windows platform specific notes.
- Getting started - Getting started developing for Windows
Key Features for Windows Development
Rich Class Library
The Qt class library includes all the functionality needed to build advanced GUI applications.
- Complete set of customizable UI controls/widgets
- 3D graphics support with OpenGL or Direct3D
- Powerful multi-threading features
- 2D graphics canvas capable of handling millions of items
- Integrated Phonon multimedia framework
- WebKit integration
- Networking, XML and database functionality
- ECMA standard scripting engine
Integrated Development Tools
Qt includes a set of integrated development tools to speed development on the Windows platform.
- Qt Designer provides a drag and drop visual GUI builder.
- Qt Linguist provides internationalization and translation features.
- Qt Assistant is a customizable HTML help file reader providing the complete Qt documentation offline.
Cross-Platform Development using Qt Creator
Qt Creator is a complete Cross-platform IDE included in the Qt SDK. The IDE allows programmers to create, build, debug and run Qt applications accross all supported platforms.
Visual Studio Add-in.
The Qt Visual Studio Add-in allows programmers to create, build, debug and run Qt applications from within Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010. The add-in contains project wizards, Qt project import/export support, integrated Qt resource manager and automated build setup for the Qt Meta-Object Compiler, User Interface Compiler, and Resource Compiler.
Additional Cross-Platform and Platform-Specific Development information.