C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4 (2nd Edition) - The official C++/Qt book
The Only Official, Best-Practice Guide to Qt 4.3 Programming
Using Qt you can build industrial-strength C++ applications that run natively on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and embedded Linux without source code changes. Now, two Trolltech insiders have written a start-to-finish guide to getting outstanding results with the latest version of Qt: Qt 4.3.
Packed with realistic examples and in-depth advice, this is the book we use to teach Qt to its own new hires. Extensively revised and expanded, it reveals today's best Qt programming patterns for everything from implementing model/view architecture to using Qt 4.3's improved graphics support. You'll find proven solutions for virtually every GUI development task, as well as sophisticated techniques for providing database access, integrating XML, using subclassing, composition, and more. Whether you're new to Qt or upgrading from an older version, this book can help you accomplish everything that Qt 4.3 makes possible.
- Completely updated throughout, with significant new coverage of databases, XML, and Qt Extended embedded programming
- Covers all Qt 4.2/4.3 changes, including Windows Vista support, native CSS support for widget styling, and SVG file generation
- Contains separate 2D and 3D chapters, coverage of Qt 4.3's new graphics view classes, and an introduction to QPainter's OpenGL back-end
- Includes new chapters on look-and-feel customization and application scripting
- Illustrates Qt 4's model/view architecture, plugin support, layout management, event processing, container classes, and much more
- Presents advanced techniques covered in no other book—from creating plugins to interfacing with native APIs
- Includes a new appendix on Qt Jambi, the new Java version of Qt
Order from Amazon.com
About the Authors
Jasmin Blanchette was a Qt senior software engineer and is writing his M.Sc. thesis in computer science at the University of Oslo.
Mark Summerfield works as an independent trainer and consultant specializing in C++, Qt, Python, and PyQt, and is the author of Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt. Blanchette and Summerfield coauthored C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3 and the first edition of C++ GUI Programming with Qt 4.
Author: Jasmin Blanchette and Mark Summerfield
ISBN : 0132354160 / 978-0132354165